The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hooray today's my 19th birthday! What I got for my birthday is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and "Disney Marie A Is For Adorable" with a CD. The second Aristocats book "Disney Marie" from 2006 will be coming in the mail in a few days. I've lessened to the CD for the Marie Alphabet book and it gave me flashbacks to my Senior Trip.
Happy belated birthday

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning! Life is good pool and cookout today. It's going to be in the 90s for about the next week. Sorry @MinnieM123 I should have warned you to cover your eyes, hope your A/C is humming! School starts tomorrow, I'll miss the buggers but I can use a break! I think it's my wallet that needs the break LOL Change in plans for next weekend my dh was supposed to get a 4 day weekend but his project will have him working Friday and Saturday. With the extra money we are going to do an extra tour, OMG we're up to 3. I'm pretty sure that's our limit. Best of all 2 of them are going to be done without the boys. They'd rather be riding something. My trip plans are really starting to gel. My lists are almost complete for Disney!:joyfull: For the UNI portion of our trip I have the first day planned and that's it. Probably going to wing most of it. any hoo have a great day!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Did I ever tell the story about Art Carney (you remember Norton from the Honeymooners)?
th

He was in a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine. In the evening we used to go down to the beach and sit in a little shelter there and just look out at the ocean. This one evening there was a family trip, I guess, because my Mother, Father, Sister and My wife and myself were sitting there starring out at the water when we looked up and saw two people come up and sat a few feet away from us. It was Art Carney and his wife. They were staying at a hotel just a little way away.

My mother went into partial paralysis and just sat there looking at them. She had a camera and didn't want to use it and also didn't want to talk to him. That was because, I think, that my family always held that no matter what their status in life is they have a right to some privacy. So we just waited, afraid to move. After a short time, Mr. Carney and his wife got up and started walking toward their hotel. As soon as they cleared out, my mother said to my Dad, lets get to the car and as we drive by them I can take a picture. We all headed for the car and by the time we all got in, they were close to their place. By the time we got there they were walking into the drive way of the hotel so my father cut over through it to get in a position for my Mother to take the picture. The trouble was that he cut it a little to short and the next thing we saw was Art Carney and his wife both leaping into the ditch along side the road to avoid getting run over. Dad gunned the motor and made a quick exit out the other driveway never to be seen again. So much for celebrity privacy. I refer to that trip is the "We almost killed Art Carney" vacation.

In case you are wondering, we did see that both were upright and not injured before we made the quick getaway.

That was really funny!! :joyfull: The most hilarious stories are the ones that you can't even make up--sometimes, life is just so bizarre!! I mean the best laid plans and all--attempting to conduct yourselves in a respectful manner, and yet, nearly running them down! :jawdrop: :hilarious: :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@StarWarsGirl95 and @MOXOMUMD , I saw this morning in the Sunday ads for Target that they have a pile of stuff for Force Friday (which you both probably know about anyway, from all the hype over Friday).

However, I did want to bring your attention to their online ad, as you can print out 2 coupons if there is anything you like. One coupon is for $10 off a $50 purchase, and the other is $25 off $100. (If you normally buy the Sunday newspaper, the ad will probably be in that as well, but at least out here in my area, they are offering the two coupons online to print out.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
@StarWarsGirl95 and @MOXOMUMD , I saw this morning in the Sunday ads for Target that they have a pile of stuff for Force Friday (which you both probably know about anyway, from all the hype over Friday).

However, I did want to bring your attention to their online ad, as you can print out 2 coupons if there is anything you like. One coupon is for $10 off a $50 purchase, and the other is $25 off $100. (If you normally buy the Sunday newspaper, the ad will probably be in that as well, but at least out here in my area, they are offering the two coupons online to print out.)
I'd bet @MR FERRET would swim across the pond for that:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom