The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I do understand that task. Husband couldn't do it, I couldn't let our pet suffer, so I had to do the same thing. I braced myself, but when they went so peacefully, It made it easier. But, the feeling of loss...not so...I bawled all the way home.

I was raised by awesome parents, but, I only ever saw my pop start to cry (he cut it off quick) one time...when his pop passed. I don't know what emotional reactions he's had privately, though.
I'm quite a bit like my pop in that regard, but, my emotions tend to be more evident privately.
Mostly a (old) guy thing, I guess.

Cesar R M

Mine is working fine and has been all along. I use Firefox. Just curious though, how many of you that have problems have downloaded Microsoft 10. I have no reason to make that connection, but, most of this seem since they introduced it. I don't even know if it is possible to have that affect things... just a thought. I am not an IT guy.
Windows 10 and Firefox here, haven't had that like bug in.. 5 months I think.

I think the last time I had issues, was right when they changed the site and when I had lousy internet at WDW.
and I dont think the OS is the issue (I had the issues in windows 8 and windows 8.1 )

Cesar R M

The site works fine with Safari on my iPadAir2.

No need to get snarky with the owner of the site.
  1. not being snarky, was throwing a Joke.
  2. Thats like claiming windows never crashes because your system does not crash. Aka not that relevant in the problem at hand.
  3. The problem is isolating and seeing which systems have the issue. Since a single virus, addon, firewall, or anything could be the culprit, not the browser or even the system itself. But seems to affect only SAFARI users right now.
*edited for clarity*

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Phew. Glad it wasn't just me who thought it was rather poor.

I looked at it again. She also left the h out of "the". And then didn't know that the singular noun form of hieroglyphics is hieroglyph. And spelled it hyroglyphoc at one point. Proofreading, spell check, and a dictionary would be helpful. Especially when it's only eight sentences and there are seven errors.
Maybe it was a reserve homework trap? aka ensuring the students correct her to see who are actually checking and reading?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
  1. not being snarky, was throwing a Joke.
  2. Thats like claiming windows never crashes because your system does not crash. Aka not that relevant in the problem at hand.
  3. The issue is isolate which systems have the issue in this case. Since a single virus, addon, firewall, or anything could be the culprit, not the browser or even the system itself.
And as such the problem is on the users end....not really a website issue.

Cesar R M

I adopted Arnie from a Basset rescue. I went to one of the foster homes to check out the dogs they had and spotted him right away because he didn't drag his stomach on the ground because he has those longer legs. They were supposed to take my application and then come out to my house to make sure it would be suitable and see if I would make a good adopter. One of the other Bassets went after Arnie and was chasing him and trying to bite him and he came a running and jumped into my arms. At that point they decided that Arnie had chose me and let me take him. He happily followed me out and jumped right into my truck and has been with me ever since.
that sound so cute! :D
I imagined all of it!

Cesar R M

Perhaps he should realize that if he is having trouble with this site in all his browsers and NOBODY else is having these issues, then perhaps the problem lies on his end. The site works as intended for everybody else but him.
"nobody else" is stretching.
I understand you're trying to defend the owner of this site, but please. Targeting the users getting affected by that only makes you look like you're ignoring everything else just to defend. And will not resolve anything if there is really an issue going somewhere.

The same rethoric reminds me when I was in gaming websites and almost every story went into an AMD vs INTEL or ATI vs NVIDIA moment.
"aah well, but my videocard always works, therefore your story is a lie and its your problem, not the Nvidia BRAND!" (I read this one right when Nvidia was caught in the defective chip scandal (which affected thousands of thousands of Nvidia powered laptops, videocards and computers. Aka shifting the blame to someone else but the defective video cards)

And as such the problem is on the users end....not really a website issue.
Not always, you're really wrong if you think websites are infallible and never "burp" incorrect data back to the users.

only thing I agree, is that donald should help @wdwmagic with the information at hand to correct the issues.
It might affect just a very specific group, with very specific settings/systems combinations.
But when things were bad, I remember seeing almost half of the active members of the chit chat thread complaining about strange phenomena. Phenomena that was fixed by @wdwmagic very quickly.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
"nobody else" is stretching.
I understand you're trying to defend the owner of this site, but please. Targeting the users getting affected by that only makes you look like you're ignoring everything else just to defend. And will not resolve anything if there is really an issue going somewhere.

The same rethoric reminds me when I was in gaming websites and almost every story went into an AMD vs INTEL or ATI vs NVIDIA moment.
"aah well, but my videocard always works, therefore your story is a lie and its your problem, not the Nvidia BRAND!" (I read this one right when Nvidia was caught in the defective chip scandal (which affected thousands of thousands of Nvidia powered laptops, videocards and computers. Aka shifting the blame to someone else but the defective video cards)

Not always, you're really wrong if you think websites are infallible and never "burp" incorrect data back to the users.

only thing I agree, is that donald should help @wdwmagic with the information at hand to correct the issues.
It might affect just a very specific group, with very specific settings/systems combinations.
But when things were bad, I remember seeing almost half of the active members of the chit chat thread complaining about strange phenomena. Phenomena that was fixed by @wdwmagic very quickly.
Well, Steve offered to help and was turned down flatly and absolutely by Donald saying he didn't have time to get help and would just deal with it.

So...whose problem is it really?

Why complain, if you don't want anything to change?

catmom46

I decided at the last minute to do a little staycation with DD tonight at a nearby Hyatt Regency and was surprised with complimentary cheese, crackers, fruit, and a bottle of wine for being a Gold Passport member!

2UPV_ERRTnZg4ff7LTb2IA-Q6BxG0w7tq6Mdi8cdGeA=w794-h595-no

Plus, they have Disney Channel, so of course that's on now, with DD watching Jessie and before that, this:

h2z6rrpLfjjGDE5UzdzdRKTchSiyBEw_WmAfDq_SgYE=w794-h595-no

Good times! :hungry: :inlove: :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom