The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Did anyone besides me notice the upside down hidden Mickey in the whipped cream? To @Cesar R M... dude, if you have to ask how much that costs, while on vacation, you really couldn't afford to go. ;):joyfull:

That was a philosophy that I subscribed to for many years. If I didn't ask no one knew if I was broke or just an eccentric millionaire. I can remember driving home from Maine to Vermont with a total of 34 cents in my pocket just praying that nothing went wrong with the car or no one got hungry.:greedy:
Ill take your point when I win the lotto. Until then.. I will budget my trips accordingly.

Cesar R M

My cat is suspicious that we are leaving her. This time of night, she normally would be running around the house like a nut, but this is how she currently is...
View attachment 104394

Asleep, on my bed, using my tablet as a pillow. :confused:
How_to_tell_if_your_cat_is_plotting_to_kill_you.jpg

your cat is actually isolating you from the world before he goes for the kill! :hilarious:

Cesar R M

I've noticed that to be true in this area as well. Now not all are that way; I've got a friend from school who went to Catholic school, and she's extremely nice; our neighbors sent their daughter to Catholic school and they are great neighbors, etc., but it does seem to be a general attitude. Our neighbors' daughter had to switch schools because she was being horribly bullied. Also noticed when I was in high school that private school kids treated public school kids like they were beneath them (Again, not true of all of them, but a general attitude).

I guess if you're going to send your kids to a private school of any kind, just like colleges, it's important to visit the school, determine what kind of people go there, and make sure that it's the right fit. I went to public school. The public schools around here are very good. Considering I got a large scholarship to my college and came in with 15 credits, I'd say my previous schools did a decent job. Also, several students went to Ivy League schools. So not too shabby. All depends. :)
I'm pretty sure that the Catholic School is by itself, not the problem.
The issue is who the kids interact.
If someone has total dbag racist christian fundie parents.. they will obviously go to extremes (either rejecting their parent's or going exactly in the same hateful path as their parents).
Teachers and bullies can also have a deep effect as well.

Cesar R M

It just isn't white cats either, many white animals including Pups have the DNA apparently for deafness. I like the promise of this study.

http://eagleaverro.newsvine.com/_ne...ness-could-be-treated-by-virus-say-scientists

Did you read it @Cesar R M ???
eeeh, My deafness unfortunately does not fit in what they are doing.
my external sound hair cells are the ones who died (thanks to chemo).
The inner sound hair cells issues are mostly genetic. Mine were affected as a byproduct/sideeffect of the cancer treatment.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've noticed that to be true in this area as well. Now not all are that way; I've got a friend from school who went to Catholic school, and she's extremely nice; our neighbors sent their daughter to Catholic school and they are great neighbors, etc., but it does seem to be a general attitude. Our neighbors' daughter had to switch schools because she was being horribly bullied. Also noticed when I was in high school that private school kids treated public school kids like they were beneath them (Again, not true of all of them, but a general attitude).

I guess if you're going to send your kids to a private school of any kind, just like colleges, it's important to visit the school, determine what kind of people go there, and make sure that it's the right fit. I went to public school. The public schools around here are very good. Considering I got a large scholarship to my college and came in with 15 credits, I'd say my previous schools did a decent job. Also, several students went to Ivy League schools. So not too shabby. All depends. :)

We lost a great deal of our Catholic Schools do to the scandals but Churches remained. Our towns parish is truly controlled by a few very powerful, wealthy families. We pulled our membership after my sons baptism and moved a town over where a sweet little Nun rocked my DD while we arranged for her baptism.

We wrestled with where to send my DD for HS, she should have been at either the Math and Science Academy which is a live away from home academy or a excellent Catholic HS, both of which she was easily accepted to. Ultimately due to her family bond we sent her to our local HS, a decision that was difficult for all of us. She like you did fine, accepted to many high end universities. Sometimes the IQ just outweighs the institutions reputations. I still know in my heart academically she should have gone away to the Math and Science Academy educationally. Developmentally we made the right decision. Her personality would have been a struggle to be away from family from age 14. Not all kids can remove themselves from family at that age. I wrestled with that decision. Equally annoying was her final two choices for college. That dang pro con list came out 50 50.

MOXOMUMD

Room numbers came out for classes. I only have classes at my school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I start out a the main campus at 9:25, then move over to the other campus for a 12:15 class. Then I get a three hour gap, and then I have another class at 4:30...in the exact same classroom. Too bad they're not back-to-back, but I'm in the building with the food and the couches. :happy: And then Mondays and Wednesdays, just the one Spanish class at my other school at 2 pm. And of course, nothing on Fridays. A few online classes, though.

So yea. No exhausting schedule this semester. :happy:
Food and couches--a dangerous combination. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom