The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Yea my daughter had the same experience. But it was very hard to keep up with the expense. What was harder for us was to deal with the mean people who send their kids to Catholic school. Now this is only my experience and I'm not making a blanket statement as to not offend anyone, but I attended Catholic school and sent my kids to one, and we experienced the meanest people. It was too much for us. Once again, only my opinion.
I've noticed that to be true in this area as well. Now not all are that way; I've got a friend from school who went to Catholic school, and she's extremely nice; our neighbors sent their daughter to Catholic school and they are great neighbors, etc., but it does seem to be a general attitude. Our neighbors' daughter had to switch schools because she was being horribly bullied. Also noticed when I was in high school that private school kids treated public school kids like they were beneath them (Again, not true of all of them, but a general attitude).

I guess if you're going to send your kids to a private school of any kind, just like colleges, it's important to visit the school, determine what kind of people go there, and make sure that it's the right fit. I went to public school. The public schools around here are very good. Considering I got a large scholarship to my college and came in with 15 credits, I'd say my previous schools did a decent job. Also, several students went to Ivy League schools. So not too shabby. All depends. :)

StarWarsGirl

Room numbers came out for classes. I only have classes at my school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I start out a the main campus at 9:25, then move over to the other campus for a 12:15 class. Then I get a three hour gap, and then I have another class at 4:30...in the exact same classroom. Too bad they're not back-to-back, but I'm in the building with the food and the couches. :happy: And then Mondays and Wednesdays, just the one Spanish class at my other school at 2 pm. And of course, nothing on Fridays. A few online classes, though.

So yea. No exhausting schedule this semester. :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My cat is suspicious that we are leaving her. This time of night, she normally would be running around the house like a nut, but this is how she currently is...
View attachment 104394

Asleep, on my bed, using my tablet as a pillow. :confused:

Pets definitely know when their humans are leaving. At least mine did. Last week when I packed up she moped around the whole day that I packed.

seahawk7

I've noticed that to be true in this area as well. Now not all are that way; I've got a friend from school who went to Catholic school, and she's extremely nice; our neighbors sent their daughter to Catholic school and they are great neighbors, etc., but it does seem to be a general attitude. Our neighbors' daughter had to switch schools because she was being horribly bullied. Also noticed when I was in high school that private school kids treated public school kids like they were beneath them (Again, not true of all of them, but a general attitude).

I guess if you're going to send your kids to a private school of any kind, just like colleges, it's important to visit the school, determine what kind of people go there, and make sure that it's the right fit. I went to public school. The public schools around here are very good. Considering I got a large scholarship to my college and came in with 15 credits, I'd say my previous schools did a decent job. Also, several students went to Ivy League schools. So not too shabby. All depends. :)
I couldn't say it better myself. My kids and I were never bullied but the attitude that was held by many there that people who didn't send their children to private school really didn't care about their kids was hard to stomach.

StarWarsGirl

I couldn't say it better myself. My kids and I were never bullied but the attitude that was held by many there that people who didn't send their children to private school really didn't care about their kids was hard to stomach.
Here, that wasn't so much the issue I think. I think people are pretty aware that the public schools are very good. A lot of kids in this area go to public elementary schools and then private middle and high schools. Our neighbors complained a good bit about the definite sense of entitlement at the original private school where they sent their daughter. They even noticed it at one of the Catholic colleges they looked at for her. They sent her to a school where there was not the strong sense of entitlement.

Of course, I have noticed at my high school's rival that a general sense of entitlement exists there as well. And that's a public school. So...while it's a tendency, it can happen anywhere.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I lucked out, the public school were we lived was very highly ranked so I got to go to public school. But once a week it was off to CCD. I still have nightmares about my second grade "teacher/jailer" there. She (and I'm not sure about that) scared the heck out of us!

Yeah, I've shared my nightmare stories many a time about my Catholic Life. I also had an Aunt that was a Nun. She is long gone now. I highly question which direction she went. Not a nice woman.

Gabe1

Gabe1

For the record, I always wanted freckles.

mestiza-pecas-freckle-pencil-1403798940.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom