The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And let's not forget the morons with the laser pointers, pointing at landing jets at major airports. :rolleyes: :banghead:

I don't get the laser pointer peeps orr the drone peeps that she mentioned. I waiting for the day when they just start zapping drones out of the sky. *poof* They are expense toys, a little zap might make them think twice.

I remember NYE at the MK being a new issue with a Drone this past year. Do wonder what Disney is contemplating. You know the subject, well it has to be on WDW's radar. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Gabe1

How old is your dog? Arthritis is common in older dogs. Does she have a fun place to rest and play downstairs? If so, great, because there may be a day when she can't make it up the stairs, and if she has a downstairs area that she enjoys, that will help her cope.

Sorry to hear she's experiencing these issues. My heart goes out to your sweet dog, and to you as well, having to watch her go through these changes.

Walt is pushing 10 years old. He doesn't do the steep stairs downstairs anymore. Commen sense seems to have clicked in. Walt now has 2 beds in my living room, one under the bay window in my living room for him to enjoy all the neighbors and goings on. Bonus, he lets me know when something is a happening in our little Hamlet.

Cesar R M

Epcot has so much square footage it is difficult for it to reach capacity. Yeah it can, but with all you have going for you the Disney Lords are on your side. The only time I've ever had an issue at Epcot was NYE for the millennium. Other than any possible FP+ you might get, just don't plan on getting anything accomplished in that park or for that matter any park. We always just take in Christmas Day and NYE in, wander and enjoy the day for what it is, a nice place to spend a holiday.

My advice is, use any obscure restroom you can, needed or not. Restrooms on NYE, well you can spend a good chunk of time looking for one without an extended queue, more so if you are traveling with a female.
I will definitely be trying to enjoy just roaming around.
It will be the first time for the kiddos and like we did in my first trip back in 2013.. we roamed the parks more than just rushing towards attractions.
Plus we will probably be just going for eating.. enjoying the fireworks and then be out.

Cesar R M

I don't get the laser pointer peeps orr the drone peeps that she mentioned. I waiting for the day when they just start zapping drones out of the sky. *poof* They are expense toys, a little zap might make them think twice.

I remember NYE at the MK being a new issue with a Drone this past year. Do wonder what Disney is contemplating. You know the subject, well it has to be on WDW's radar. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
It might happen faster than you think. I remember that in one state ( I think california?) they already gave the right to Fire Fighters to take down any drone interfering with the firefight.
They even offered a few thousand for information leading the arrests of the dou..bag.. Dbag who blocked the fire-fighter aircraft (from preventing the fire from crossing into the highway and destroying tons of cars) with a drone.

catmom46

Indeed. Wisconsin Cheese Curds are God sent. Being so close to the boarder of Wisconsin they trickle on down. And when I'm up there, they come back with me.

We have a hamburger etc type fast food here called Culvers that we first tripped on in Wisconsin that has trickled down into Northern IL. They do a breaded fried Cheese Curd. Yet another version of Slurp. :hungry: I think I could live on cheese. :happy:

Hee-hee, "trickle down" conjures up the image of a creek with cheese curds bobbing their way downstream. :p

Gabe1

Don't laugh, but when I was in school, we just showed up the first day of class and were told then who our teacher would be! ;)

When I was in elementary school we were given our assignment to a classroom with our last report card before summer and dismissed for the summer. Gave us the whole summer to see who was in our classrooms. Our school was at capacity, we were the left over baby boomer era, still lots of us so it took the summer to figure out what friends would reside in our classroom and wonder if our classroom would be a Nun or an instructor. Instructor because Catholic schools back then didn't require certified teachers or Nuns. Funny though we we leaps and bounds ahead of the public school. Then again they pretty much expelled any student that struggled. :cautious:

catmom46

When I was in elementary school we were given our assignment to a classroom with our last report card before summer and dismissed for the summer. Gave us the whole summer to see who was in our classrooms. Our school was at capacity, we were the left over baby boomer era, still lots of us so it took the summer to figure out what friends would reside in our classroom and wonder if our classroom would be a Nun or an instructor. Instructor because Catholic schools back then didn't require certified teachers or Nuns. Funny though we we leaps and bounds ahead of the public school. Then again they pretty much expelled any student that struggled. :cautious:

I went to Catholic school for kindergarten and first grade, then moved to public school. I was ahead of my class up until 6th grade! Definitely a solid education at Catholic schools.

Figgy1

I went to Catholic school for kindergarten and first grade, then moved to public school. I was ahead of my class up until 6th grade! Definitely a solid education at Catholic schools.
I lucked out, the public school were we lived was very highly ranked so I got to go to public school. But once a week it was off to CCD. I still have nightmares about my second grade "teacher/jailer" there. She (and I'm not sure about that) scared the heck out of us!

Figgy1

How old is your dog? Arthritis is common in older dogs. Does she have a fun place to rest and play downstairs? If so, great, because there may be a day when she can't make it up the stairs, and if she has a downstairs area that she enjoys, that will help her cope.

Sorry to hear she's experiencing these issues. My heart goes out to your sweet dog, and to you as well, having to watch her go through these changes.
Thank you. She's in her teens and considering her age and size, we've had her in our lives quite a while. She lives mostly on the ground floor, that's where her stuff has always been. Poor baby can't sit up and beg any more:(. So far she's getting through most days without any real issues. I cried when my dh said don't book doggie camp for her yet (I always booked a year out when we were going away) Hopefully she'll get to go and have fun one more time. She gets so spoiled there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom