The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You know what? This really is an outstanding photo. It has a very interesting composition to it, particularly with the open area at the back of the tracks on Main Street USA. It sort of draws you into the photo. Also the pop of red, green and orange colors from ponchos and umbrellas, interspersed with the darker tones from the inclement weather, are also focal points of interest.

Well thanks. You are far more observant than I am. I'll pass along the complement to him. Any background in photography, well he has none. iPhone, point and shoot.

catmom46

My DS said they've cut the watermelon in half and scooped out all the pink watermelon. Mixed Watermelon Jello with vodka and poured into the hallowed out watermelon, put in fridge to gel. Then sliced into triangle watermelon wedges.

I'd fall down. :rolleyes:

Hmmm…seems like a lot of work. Why not just put it in a baking dish and slice? Or were they trying to be arts & crafty? ;)

Gabe1

is that an universal poncho on the right?

Looks that way doesn't it? The last poncho I had from Universal said Harry Potter something on the back but it could be a new or old version though. Me, I still have my yellow Mickey Ponchos. To me they are classic. Also still have my Disney MGM Studio version too, for my retro collection.

I understand the idea of going to clear but I liked the yellow latex poncho version vs the clear silicone new one.

Gabe1

reading that, I suppose I'm mostly safe?
as I will probably have 1) dinner reservation at Epcot 2) Fastpass for Epcot 3) hopping from AK 4) Disney Resort guest.
5) 5 day magic your way tickets with park hopper

so unless Epcot reaches the dreaded phase 4 level..

Epcot has so much square footage it is difficult for it to reach capacity. Yeah it can, but with all you have going for you the Disney Lords are on your side. The only time I've ever had an issue at Epcot was NYE for the millennium. Other than any possible FP+ you might get, just don't plan on getting anything accomplished in that park or for that matter any park. We always just take in Christmas Day and NYE in, wander and enjoy the day for what it is, a nice place to spend a holiday.

My advice is, use any obscure restroom you can, needed or not. Restrooms on NYE, well you can spend a good chunk of time looking for one without an extended queue, more so if you are traveling with a female.

Gabe1

Wow. That sounds dreadful. It almost seems like your area should not use tents at all. Crazy weather out there.

It got worse as we were going to sleep last night. We were spared most of it. Amen. One confirmed tornado, 2 still being looked at. Huge 8 foot round trees uprooted. Some areas still without power as the polls were s ucked out of the ground. Me, was happy to pick up the little branches all over my lawn. Blessed. Gazebo still standing. *happy dance*

Gabe1

I like the 60th cups and napkins it is nice to have some park specific stuff.

I'll have to post a picture of the 60th shot glass my DS got me on the day of. While not that elaborate it is commemorative just the same. I like it. Disneyland is where I spent my first years of Disney before WDW existed and it holds a special place in my childhood memories.

Gabe1

I find that interesting that you used that to calm your dog's rash as Neutrogena is the only brand of makeup I can use that I'm not allergic to and does not make me break out. Wonder what it is about their products

I'm very sensitive to all makeup, lotions and sunscreens. Especially suncreens. I can use Coppertone and I stick with it 'cause of that. I can use most Almay and Clinique and I am out. For the most part I am a No Make-up Gal. I put on some eye shadow and mascara and I am out. All the other stuff just messes with my allergies and it just isn't worth it to me. My DD wears even less make-up. Allergies kinda prioritize life choices.

catmom46

I'm very sensitive to all makeup, lotions and sunscreens. Especially suncreens. I can use Coppertone and I stick with it 'cause of that. I can use most Almay and Clinique and I am out. For the most part I am a No Make-up Gal. I put on some eye shadow and mascara and I am out. All the other stuff just messes with my allergies and it just isn't worth it to me. My DD wears even less make-up. Allergies kinda prioritize life choices.

I'm just too lazy (and cheap) to wear make-up. Plus, I never put enough on to be really noticeable, so I figure why even bother? :D

Gabe1

Oh, I think people are just having some silly fun with each other, that's all. We all have our preferences (whether hot weather or cold weather) and like to joke around. My hunch is that everyone here loves all the pictures and can see the beauty in each, for different reasons. (You really brighten up our evenings here every day with the great variety of scenics you pick.)

I agree. I saw a picture of snow the other day and it made me cringe. Still I liked it just the same, it was pretty. I've come to like the various and consistant posts of @MOXOMUMD it is that familiar constant I enjoy. Snow, well I am different than you, I've come to loath the fluffy white stuff but still enjoy the photos.

Gabe1

First I clicked :cautious: and then I clicked :D. For some unknown reason when I hit the post reply, it "changed" the cautious emoticon to a smiley face and typed cautious next to it. Bizarre.

So much funkiness going on. More often than not I can't post from my iPhone now, a very new thing. The sight automatically just sends me to one of its advertisements. This is the only sight I am having this happening so when using my iPhone I just have to play elsewhere. Figure sooner or later it will work itself out.

Gabe1

Cheese curds are so yummy

Indeed. Wisconsin Cheese Curds are God sent. Being so close to the boarder of Wisconsin they trickle on down. And when I'm up there, they come back with me.

We have a hamburger etc type fast food here called Culvers that we first tripped on in Wisconsin that has trickled down into Northern IL. They do a breaded fried Cheese Curd. Yet another version of Slurp. :hungry: I think I could live on cheese. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom