The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I 'm so glad your son is a fighter. My son-in law always says what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I agree, and God says he won't give you anything you can't handle. I appreciate the prayers, we all have been given challenges in life, some have financial, some have other's, mine seem to be on the physical realm....we all try to do our best. I will keep your son in my prayers, new discovery's are made every day in medicine. If daughter had stones like this, she would have not made it.....she is currently on an experimental drug to cut the stones. So far she is down to about 10 a month, instead of thirty. Only one lithotripsy , in the last three months. I'm very hopeful going forward. I don't know about your situation, but I'm so glad that kids with autism and Asperger's get to participate, with the others kids in school. Of course, they have one on one time in special education, but so do the advanced kids, everyone has been taught that we all have different strengths. I love the type of elementary education out here. God bless you for thinking about me, when you have your own challenge's. You and family will be in my prayer's each day donaldtoo.

Thank you so very much for the kind words and prayers!
I'm sure all of us here will take all we can get! :)
Prayers all around for all of us...! ;)

donaldtoo

The art in the Louvre was amazing, I did like the Musee d'Orsay better as I like Impressionist paintings better. The Mona Lisa was small, but I kept hearing about how small it was that when I actually saw it I said "Oh that is bigger than I thought it would be!"

It's funny, 'cause when I was taking art in middle school, at one point, we were studying Renaissance art. When Leonardo da Vinci and the Mona Lisa were being discussed, I remember when I heard the size of the piece (1'-9"w x 2'-6"h), that was about how I had always pictured it. Maybe a little larger.
But, when we got to discussing The Last Supper, I was completely shocked. Both sets of grandparents had always had a framed print of it on their dining room/kitchen walls (about 2'w x 1'h), although I had always pictured the original being a canvas painting about 4'w x 2'h-ish.
So, when I found out it was actually a mural on the end wall of a monastery dining hall that actually measures 29'-0"w x 15'-1"h I was...!!! :jawdrop: :)

Anyway, thanks for the report and pics, and so very glad y'all had an amazing trip...!!!!! :joyfull:
Lookin' forward to more...! :)

brb1006

Apparently the voice of Marie from The Aristocats (Louise English) later became one of the dancers of Hill's Angels for The Benny Hill Show. That's an interesting fact I learned just now. I wonder if she remembers her experience voicing the character?
I'm not making this up by the way, Marie is one of the dancers of Hill's Angels and why do I feel weird knowing about this?

Last edited:

catmom46

Apparently the voice of Marie from The Aristocats (Louise English) later became one of the dancers of Hill's Angels for The Benny Hill Show. That's an interesting fact I learned just now. I wonder if she remembers her experience voicing the character?
I'm not making this up by the way, Marie is one of the dancers of Hill's Angels and why do I feel weird knowing about this fact?

I would think so, especially since I'm sure they had to rehearse the songs many times for the movie soundtrack.

And there are weirder facts to know in this world, so I think yours is pretty normal. :D

brb1006

I would think so, especially since I'm sure they had to rehearse the songs many times for the movie soundtrack.

And there are weirder facts to know in this world, so I think yours is pretty normal. :D
Especially for the song "Scales And Arpeggios" and "Everybody Wants To Be a Cat" which I'm curious on how that went for her and that other voice actor that voiced Berlioz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom