The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

zJg0IPt.gif

Cesar R M

Fortunately, we didn't get any of the possible afternoon t-storms predicted.
We had a great time at mom and pops! Hamburgers, beer brats, smoked brats, potato salad, etc....! :hungry:
In the evening, we sat out on the front deck to watch the smattering of fireworks being shot (although it has been illegal for several years now) off all around. Before our neighborhood was annexed on a limited basis by the City of Austin, fireworks were not illegal.
Our HOA used to put on a big show on the practice football field directly across the street from my folks house. Once the HOA decided to discontinue in preparation for the annexation, several groups of families started pooling their money and would have a kinda' a dueling fireworks thing they would do in the park across the street from the practice field, and catty-corner to my folks house. They bought the big stuff and it would go on for about 2 hours - no joke. Those were some of the best displays we've ever seen, especially for amateurs. Then, along came the annexation, and all we have now is last nights smattering.
Miss those days gone by...

I hope y'all all very much enjoyed y'alls family time and food, as well...! :)
2 hours of fireworks? wow... must have been one hella spectacle!

Cesar R M

Then after the museum closed (we did get ushered out) we started walking up the Champs Elysees. We stopped at the place where Marie Antoinette got her head chopped, had a great meal, had some macarons, and climbed up 284 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Then we called it a day and headed back to the hotel.
View attachment 99803 View attachment 99804 View attachment 99808

View attachment 99809

Our first full meal in Paris: I had veal, Brad had duck, and I had a fun and tasty beer.
View attachment 99810 View attachment 99812 View attachment 99813 View attachment 99814 View attachment 99815 View attachment 99816
wonderful views.. also the food definitely looks delicious!
I dont think you can get disappointed in the food capital of the world.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Aw, you removed your post! I was just gonna say that I don't think anyone knows what @MOXOMUMD's name means. Maybe someday she'll give us at least a hint. :banghead:
Yeah...I removed it because it got buried in the middle of a trip report.

I figured if she didn't see the first one she wouldn't see one buried in the middle of a bunch of pictures.

Because we all know she wouldn't be ignoring me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom