The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
OK. All caught up! now to catch up with my day...:oops:.

and don't knock this cooler weather! Last time I remember it being this cool around July 4th, the next thing I knew Chicago was having its historical deadly heat wave. Just moved into an apartment in Chicago, no a/c of course. You don't need it with that lake breeze.
Careful what you wish for!
I like heat waves! 95 bring it on!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Now I feel like a jerk. I've never met the girl who invited me here. She never actually told me she was going - just invited me. But we've been chating with each other online on Facebook messenger for like months. I do see at least a few here who look like her. I looked at her Facebook pictures and there are at least two people here who have the same face. I do not even know how to pronounce her name, so I can't ask the people who I think are her "Are you ..." Her name is Yahav... How do you pronounce that? Ugh
Hopefully she'll find you!

betty rose

Allright folks, I need your help.

I need you all to give me some views on my video (bonus, you will finally see my ugly face)

This is for a contest.. the winners will get approximately 50,000 USD (600,000 pesos) divided in 12 months for a year. For travelling anywhere.

so, the more views, the merrier! (ps, I did not make the video, they have a website, where you supply the photos and it creates the design for you)
so sorry if its a bit clunky. (it also does not feature tracy's arm.. hence why I had to use skagway)

I have been there, and this brought back so many wonderful experiences! The photo's chosen made me want to be there. And an aside, You are adorable , I would be proud to call you my grandson. I'm not a camera expert, but I sure enjoyed your video. I just know it spoke to my heart!

betty rose

Such nice memories! :happy:

Oh yes! I remember the old hand cranked ice cream makers, with rock salt and all that fun!
We used to make it on the porch of the farmhouses of both my grandparents, a lot...! :hungry: :)
Yup, on the front porch with a lot of rocking chairs, that grandpa made. It was a "family" reunion of sorts. Around, 25 people. I forgot...the fireworks were great, everything that's illegal today. Cousin Don like to throw cherry bombs on the porch, of course they felt closer than they were!

betty rose

Here's one of her Facebook pics...

View attachment 99314

And I'll try to take a pic of someone here who I think looks like her and you all tell me if you think that's her or not...
Enjoy your new experiences... and the new people you meet. Life is a journey and a adventure. Enjoy the ride. I wish I had the nerve to do this when I was young. Thanks so much for letting this oldie go along!;):joyfull:

betty rose

What should I do? Walk up to every girl who looks like her and ask her mispronounced name?

Or I can upload one of her Facebook pics here and then take a wide shot of the crowd that I think she's in and you all can compare the two and tell me if you think that is her or not?
Just enjoy the ride, remember you are out for adventure. Going to a party with unknown people could be fun. I would love to hear the stories of what brought them together for this party. I'm sure those who speak English, would wonder how you made your journey. You will meet many people on this trip, don't focus on any one person, so many other nice and interesting people to meet. Don't focus on someone who might disappoint you. Life is too short. As my hubby always reminds me....go with the flow. You'll never know where it will take you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom