The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Before I try to get caught up again I had a :eek::jawdrop: :grumpy: moment when I went to bed last night. I turned off the light and could not sleep (back spasms) so I decided to read some stuff on my phone without turning the light back on. No sooner had I laid down and out of the corner of my eye (about two inches from my face!) I see a daddy long legs walking on my pillow!

I swatted it across the room without even thinking of catching it. :facepalm:Then I really couldn't go to sleep. They don't scare me, it was just the curiosity of where it went. (Thought of your spider story @StarWarsGirl95 )
I hope you feel better today!

Figgy1

Yup, went down both slides today. :)

It is wonderful. I encourage anyone who visits Oahu to spend at least a few days here, if for no other reason than the pool.

It's also great for kids. There's Auntie's Beach House, which is an activity center for kids. One of the restaurants does a character breakfast. And there are several water play areas just for kids. One even has two slides.

Speaking of the characters, a character greeting here is much better than at WDW or DL. There's only Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, Chip and Dale, and I believe Donald and Daisy, but they have way more time to spend with guests, the greetings are spontaneous, and they are just fun to watch because they can actually roam. For instance, two days ago, Stitch was trying to open a gate that said "closed" while his handler playfully told him no, yesterday, Chip was looking at a map with a guest while Dale played with a baby in a stroller, and today, Goofy was ankle deep in the pool interacting with the guests. Just much more spontaneous and a whole lot more fun.
Back before you were born it was like that at WDW. They just roamed around no autographs and not everybody had a camera back then, but we all have the memories:)

Figgy1

When I was little we had one of these and that's what my older sisters learned to drive in. (There's over ten years between us.) I just remember how cool it was to ride around in the back and being able to face each other.

View attachment 98734
LOL us too. I remember taking a long trip in the back of one of those:) We had a small tv that plugged into the cigarette lighter (black and white and we had to change channels quite a few times Back then it was state of the art just to be able to take a tv outside!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I learned to drive an Oldsmobile Delmont 88 white 4 door 1967 She was a boat and a half, huge trunk and 8 cylinder engine. While we had a newer car but my Dad liked to drive this one down to Florida because it had so much room in the trunk and space for us to move around the backseat (nobody used seatbelts.) And this thing was fast with amazing pickup. When I got my first new car, my baby, my Mustang she was fast too but nothing like the Delmont, plus the Mustang felt like one of those microscopic mini electric clown cars after driving the Delmont for 2 years.

th
images

The year I had just got my licence my Dad needed a nap, Mom wouldn't drive the highway so he told me to just keep up with the semi in front of me. Thinking I was going about 90 mph when he woke up and said a *bad word* Me, the semi is still in front of me???? We made some real good time while he was asleep. He should have let me drive more and we would have gotten there a day sooner. ;)

Ha ha ha . . . this is one of the most amusing things I read in a while (" . . . just keep up with the semi in front of me . . ") HAHHAHA!!! :hilarious: And to think your dad didn't have a clue what you were doing!

As for the pix of that car, man, that thing was a boat!! Because cars are so much smaller now (I'm not referring to SUVs, just regular cars), it's almost shocking to see just how huge those older cars were. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, we still have an A&W here, too...! :)

OF COURSE you do . . .:rolleyes: :p Is there anything fantastic or fun that you don't have in donaldtoo's perfectly, perfect, perfection of a city??!! ;) Let's see . . . every store you'd ever want to shop at, every possible good restaurant that serves delicious food, the best backyard Texas barbecue :hungry: picnics, roadside stands selling fresh fruit and veggies, and even furniture (I seem to recall you had mentioned that one too . . .). I'm sure I must have forgotten at least something in my list here. o_O :happy:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I forgot to mention my good neighbor had lots of fun yesterday morning they hauled out their stereo and blasted the Who, Stones and Zeplin for a few hours:D
We did that too, while we replaced the awning on the horse trailer. It was petty loud, but being on a farm means only the folks driving by could hear it. :) That was another pain in the hinder project. Had a broken pin, so lost just over an hour driving to the hardware store and back. Then, the instructions lied about winding the springs back up. They showed winding a spring in the wrong direction and for once, I did read the instructions. o_O Finally, I took a break and figured out that they lied, and then wound it the correct way. :) After that it was pizza and adult beverage time! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom