The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I have LIVED back in Texas for over 48 years now and have never seen anything of the sort.
Are you just here making stuff up all the time…?!?!?!
You need to not just assume. In 2014, Channel 5 NBC Dallas, Chipotle locations in area posted signs to alert customers.

donaldtoo

You need to chill and not just assume. In 2014, Channel 5 NBC Dallas, Chipotle locations in area posted signs to alert customers.

If somebody here were stupid/crazy enough to ever even approach a Chipotle, etc. with an assault rifle, someone in the store with a CHL would drop them at the threshold. DRT. Dead Right There.
Plenty here have a CHL.
I may be one of them.
I just don’t believe that sign crap.

Lilofan

If somebody here were stupid/crazy enough to ever even approach a Chipotle, etc. with an assault rifle, someone in the store with a CHL would drop them at the threshold. DRT. Dead Right There.
Plenty here have a CHL.
I may be one of them.
I just don’t believe that sign crap.
Dallas Chipotle location in 2014 were pro active in preventing an incident after a few customers brought their rifles into the dining area.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Dallas Chipotle location in 2014 were pro active in preventing an incident after a few customers brought their rifles into the dining area.

If, and I stress “if”, that’s true, then I’m completely surprised they weren’t shot dead before they even got into the store.

Lilofan

If, and I stress “if”, that’s true, then I’m completely surprised they weren’t shot dead before they even got into the store.
Google Dallas news reports. Actually made national news too . It is not that difficult. I'm surprised you would react like that living all those years in open carry TX.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Google Dallas news reports. Actually made national news too . It is not that difficult. I'm surprised you would react like that in open carry TX.

OK, I googled it and didn’t find a single sign stating such, but I stand corrected on approaching a Chipotle with an assault rifle, because I did find this…!!!!! :hilarious:

0DA964AB-C918-4EC5-866A-AA245E279D2D.jpeg

Lilofan

OK, I googled it and didn’t find a single sign stating such, but I stand corrected on approaching a Chipotle with an assault rifle, because I did find this…!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 814252
I shake my head when I see this but I conceal carry and will stand my ground if needed. I saw a kid with an AR15 slung on his shoulder walking on the grass area on I-95 in SC 8 years ago with what appeared to be a broken down car a few hundreds yards behind so I've seen a number of things.

donaldtoo

Google Dallas news reports. Actually made national news too . It is not that difficult. I'm surprised you would react like that living all those years in open carry TX.

Nice edit.
It’s all fine by me, but these days I’m not doing open carry, as it’s just a perfect excuse to be taken out.
When I was in high school, every single pickup in the student, and teacher, parking lot had a full gun rack in the back cab window.
No guns were ever stolen, and there was never a single gun incident at that school for the entire 4 years I attended.
People are just different, in a not sane way, these days.
I LOVE living in Texas, and wouldn’t EVER live anywhere else.

donaldtoo

I shake my head when I see this but I conceal carry and will stand my ground if needed. I saw a kid with an AR15 slung on his shoulder walking on the grass area on I-95 in SC 8 years ago with what appeared to be a broken down car a few hundreds yards behind so I've seen a number of things.

I worked with a guy about 30 years ago that quit and became an Austin Police Department officer.
He used to bring us donuts at the office from time to time as a cop joke…!!!!! :hilarious:
He once told us about when a guy was carrying a gun in a case into a government office in downtown Austin, and they were called.
Turns out the guy was just returning a shotgun to a coworker of his that he borrowed it from for dove hunting, and that was about 27 years ago…!!!!! 🤣

Lilofan

Nice edit.
It’s all fine by me, but these days I’m not doing open carry, as it’s just a perfect excuse to be taken out.
When I was in high school, every single pickup in the student, and teacher, parking lot had a full gun rack in the back cab window.
No guns were ever stolen, and there was never a single gun incident at that school for the entire 4 years I attended.
People are just different, in a not sane way, these days.
I LOVE living in Texas, and wouldn’t EVER live anywhere else.
Times were different back in the day. When I moved to NC many years ago and lived there for a while I asked my friends where is the nearest range so we could all shoot. Instead the shooting range was up in the nearby mountains.

donaldtoo

Times were different back in the day. When I moved to NC many years ago and lived there for a while I asked my friends where is the nearest range so we could all shoot. Instead the shooting range was up in the nearby mountains.

As you can imagine, we have a bunch of gun ranges around here, both indoor and outdoor.
I may have mentioned it before (maybe not…? 🤔), but we’ve shot automatic weapons at ranges before, including our son and both daughters.
It’s, literally, a blast, but ammo is just so darn expensive these days that we haven’t done it in a while.

Lilofan

As you can imagine, we have a bunch of gun ranges around here, both indoor and outdoor.
I may have mentioned it before (maybe not…? 🤔), but we’ve shot automatic weapons at ranges before, including our son and both daughters.
It’s, literally, a blast, but ammo is just so darn expensive these days that we haven’t done it in a while.
Ammo is expensive but I like one stop shopping at Wal Mart where many things sold under one roof to include ammo.

John park hopper

SC is a lot like Texas we have a shooting range right here in the National Forest and it is always packed with people. For years they never had a Range monitor and the place was a mess people would bring TVs bottles you name it and shoot it up and leave it for others to clean up. They now have a full time Range monitor and the plan is spotless. I have picked up hundreds of empty brass and reloaded.. Wife says the house will explode if it ever caught on fire --she's probably right
Great actor and great voice RIP sorry to hear this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom