The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

The replacement was great and I had chicken dinner there last night.
The place in question is called River's Edge Pub and Grub. Here is a picture of the inside of the place:
o.jpg

Here is the menu: https://www.riversedgewisconsindells.com/menu.html

donaldtoo

Texas ------my only time it Texas was basic training May/June 1968 Amarillo. All I can remember it was hot and the jack rabbits were huge. At that time there was nothing there (reactivated WWII base) look out just miles and mile of grassland

Yep, sounds like the best place for basic training is in a place where the only thing to do is…basic training…!!! ;)

Goofyernmost

Texas ------my only time it Texas was basic training May/June 1968 Amarillo. All I can remember it was hot and the jack rabbits were huge. At that time there was nothing there (reactivated WWII base) look out just miles and mile of grassland
That's were I had basic training. The dusty panhandle. Graduated from college on June 6, 1968. Inducted in Manchester, NH on June 7th and arrived in Amarillo on June 8th. Due to having a stint in MREP's and a little problem with one of the "ropes" and a minor disagreement with a drill Sargent, I left for Denver for technical training in August. 90 lbs. lighter (lost in 7 weeks, no self control needed) and not a single piece of civilian clothing that fit except shoes and socks. I was there for one of those solid walls of blowing dust that covered everything except the scorpion's. Good times! 🥵😨🫡😧

John park hopper

That's were I had basic training. The dusty panhandle. Graduated from college on June 6, 1968. Inducted in Manchester, NH on June 7th and arrived in Amarillo on June 8th. Due to having a stint in MREP's and a little problem with one of the "ropes" and a minor disagreement with a drill Sargent, I left for Denver for technical training in August. 90 lbs. lighter (lost in 7 weeks, no self control needed) and not a single piece of civilian clothing that fit except shoes and socks. I was there for one of those solid walls of blowing dust that covered everything except the scorpion's. Good times! 🥵😨🫡😧
WOW small world(not the horrible song) we were there at the same time. Still have my group photo. Fun times Fire Drill middle of the night-fall wall out with wool blanket --smell of wet wool still reminds me of Amarillo. I left for Denver (Lowery) 2nd week in June

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom