The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Yah, I hear you. That's been hubs complaint as well -- car systems were more "definable" to use your term. The last diagnostic tool he had was the computer code reader for our old 2007 Chevy. He'll have a to buy a new one (among other things) to do some of the mechanics on his own -- if we do end up buying the Nissan.
My problem is that I lost my mechanical confidence. I used to just dive in and figure it out as I went. It helped that my Dad was also a mechanic so if I ran into a problem, I had someone that I could ask about it. Of course, we aren't talking about those $35K and up moderately priced vehicles of today. The ones I once played with would not have been a huge loss if I screwed it up completely.

I'm embarrassed to say that back a year or so ago I had to replace a drivers sun visor that broke. I looked at it a million times and felt I knew how to replace it. I looked at several You Tube video's on how it was done and it just looked to simple to be true. It had taken about 3 months to get the part from China, of all places, due to the Pandemic and the supply chain issues. I, in my head, knew it was simple but feared even trying because of the fear of screwing it up and costing me more money and time.

I finally bit the bullet and decided that I was being foolish and went out and did Step one, plug in the electrical connection for the vanity light, Step 2, align the tines on the bracket with the existing opening for them and gently push up. Snap, it was fixed. It took less than 15 seconds for the entire operation and it was like it never happened. I felt like a fool for not trusting my ability to do such a minor repair. It's amazing how not doing something for enough time can convince one that they no longer have the ability. That and old age, probably.
My aunt’s ex is retired Navy and has VA health care/ benefits and also I believe signed up and has Medicare when he was eligible . If you have Medicare , CVS has the update Covid booster . I have received my 7th shot and my mother got her 6th shot. Discount Tire is my place for tires. Recently a number of nationwide locations are being fitted with alignment tools to check and service all things alignment.
Since 100% of my medical (non-dental) care is with the VA, they have an agreement that you can get those shots if they don't have it in stock and they will pay whatever pharmacy that is part of the program. I'm really not in a rush right now but if it doesn't arrive at my clinic soon I will go to CVS and get one.

Goofyernmost

I suggest reread your post . The childless cat lady remark is indeed an age old sexist troupe. Have a good night!
Yea, that's real old, I think Vance made the remark about two weeks ago. At 76 that is the first time I ever heard it in that context. Hardly and old sexist troupe. I've heard about cat ladies, even know some, but it was a very current reference and expressed in a very sarcastic way.

wdwfan4ver

I will be going to that place for dinner on my 2nd or 3rd day of the trip.

My dinner for the first day at the dells will be here:
Paul-Bunyans-Cook-Shanty-Blog1.png

It's a all you can eat restaurant that I'll be going to for the first time in years. The food was great when I last went there.

That lumberjack also has this:
858341c560f7fd48a5489aa109687588--paul-bunyan-tall-tales.jpg
Bad news is the place changed hours and there is no dinner due to it being past Labor Day. I do have another option for Dinner.

donaldtoo

Yea, that's real old, I think Vance made the remark about two weeks ago. At 76 that is the first time I ever heard it in that context. Hardly and old sexist troupe. I've heard about cat ladies, even know some, but it was a very current reference and expressed in a very sarcastic way.

Wait…
Are we now allowed to discuss politics here again…?!
Did I miss something…?!?!?!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I've heard it made about Taylor Swift since she started attending football games. Basically "why do we want our daughters looking up to her? She has no children and lives with cats!"

Oh, the horror.

On the same vein, there was a rant a while back about childless millennials going to WDW. So now you see adults wearing "childless millenial" shirts. 😂

Lilofan

That guy knew exactly what he was saying , him and his wife and others trying to do damage control PR unsuccessfully but already irked a number of folks in our country including me. I will agree to disagree but that idiot just widened the gender gap with the childless comment and his future. Even Iger wouldn't make an ignorant comment like that.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wait…

No, a comment was made about Taylor Swift being a childless cat lady in a sarcastic way because that person loves that Taylor is a cat lady. Another poster accused her of being sexist when in fact it was not said that way.

Hopefully politics can stay out of here.

Lilofan

Even WDW has succumbed to feedback. Without fanfare Taylor Swift's pic has recently been removed for All Star Resort Hall of Fame even though Johnny Cash , The Beatles and the Boss ( Bruce Springsteen ) pics remain on the resort hall of fame.

Goofyernmost

Wait…
This is just borderline politics that involved a statement made and a misinterpretation of it's meaning by someone else. Not political just defense of one persons semi-upset statement twisted to mean something else by some other poster. That's as deep as I can state it without being dangerously on the edge of political. Perhaps, it was an original statement made by a politician, but in the manner it was repeated it was incorrectly labeled by someone else. Not intended to have anything to do with politics just derived from a random political statement.

donaldtoo

This is just borderline politics that involved a statement made and a misinterpretation of it's meaning by someone else. Not political just defense of one persons semi-upset statement twisted to mean something else by some other poster. That's as deep as I can state it without being dangerously on the edge of political. Perhaps, it was an original statement made by a politician, but in the manner it was repeated it was incorrectly labeled by someone else. Not intended to have anything to do with politics just derived from a random political statement.

Borderline my big, fat rear.
You’ve unloaded enough here over the years for us all to know exactly where you stand, and now so has the other guy.
Again, borderline my A$$.

Goofyernmost

Borderline my big, fat rear.
You’ve unloaded enough here over the years for us all to know exactly where you stand, and now so has the other guy.
Again, borderline my A$$.
Think what you like, but I know that my post was not in the least political. I was merely pointed out where it originated and the fact that it wasn't some old time saying. It was brand new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom