The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone have any ideas of what to do with leftover iceberg lettuce? I use maybe a third of it, to cut up for tacos. But even if you use some of the remainder for a salad, there's still way too much left over. Just curious if there's some other use for it. It's also the most bland kind of lettuce, and can't think of any sort of recipe that calls for it.

Goofyernmost

Anyone have any ideas of what to do with leftover iceberg lettuce? I use maybe a third of it, to cut up for tacos. But even if you use some of the remainder for a salad, there's still way too much left over. Just curious if there's some other use for it. It's also the most bland kind of lettuce, and can't think of any sort of recipe that calls for it.
I was just told by a friend that if it is iceberg lettuce you store it in the fridge wrapped in aluminum foil. I assume that will either preserve it or get signals from other planets. I just tried it last last week and has lasted for that time at least. No intergalactic messages so far.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was just told by a friend that if it is iceberg lettuce you store it in the fridge wrapped in aluminum foil. I assume that will either preserve it or get signals from other planets. I just tried it last last week and has lasted for that time at least.
What a great tip!! I'd like to receive signals from other planets, so I'm going to wrap the leftover lettuce in foil now! :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

@Dead2009 TFW Camp comes out of the bullpen instead of Kimbrel...
Thank U GIF

Lilofan

I love lettuce wraps in Korean restaurants. Grill your meats on the tabletop, add some seasoning , wrap up protein into your lettuce like a burrito. Its a delish low carb food.

Grill your lettuce with olive oil salt and pepper is another option.

Lettuce wraps is a healthier alternative to carb heavy bread , pasta or rice.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I loved lobster, crab and shrimp ate it all my life until about age 40 developed a deadly shellfish allergy ---it sucks. Live in coastal SC and would catch shrimp and blue crabs all the time not any more.
I understand due to my dad developed fish allergies when he was in his 50s. I know shellfish and fish allergies are different, but both are deadly. My dad is one of those people who has fish allergies, but not shellfish allergies.

Wisconsin has a tradition of having Friday fish fries. Also the city my grew up in is one of the cities/ towns that is located near lake Michigan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom