The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Independence Day America GIF by Levi Reardon

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 your planned feast looks good. I do love a burnt hot dog. 🌭 (not being sarcastic either, I like them best well toasted)

We will be going to my sister’s house for a cookout, I think hamburgers are on the menu today. I am in charge of the strawberry and blueberry cocktails. It is supposed to be rainy here so we will watch our fireworks tonight on PBS’ Capital Fourth special.

Songbird76

Question: Anyone been to Universal Hollywood? I had my diabetis check, and the diabetis doc (the one I actually LIKE) is headed to California in September and said from what she could see, it looked like Universal only had 3 rides that were not virtual reality, and her husband can't even watch 3D movies without getting sick, so he can't do the screen-based stuff. She said the reviews she saw weren't good. So I said I'd ask, since I only know about the Orlando parks, and there, I know that they have a lot that's not screen-based. How many thrill-rides do they have that are not screen-based?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Question: Anyone been to Universal Hollywood? I had my diabetis check, and the diabetis doc (the one I actually LIKE) is headed to California in September and said from what she could see, it looked like Universal only had 3 rides that were not virtual reality, and her husband can't even watch 3D movies without getting sick, so he can't do the screen-based stuff. She said the reviews she saw weren't good. So I said I'd ask, since I only know about the Orlando parks, and there, I know that they have a lot that's not screen-based. How many thrill-rides do they have that are not screen-based?
Paging @Angel Ariel she was there recently

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone else watch the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest today, from Coney Island? I did! (ESPN shows it every July 4th).

Patrick Bertoletti of Chicago won -- he ate 58 franks and buns, in 10 minutes. The second place winner, Geoffrey Esper, ate 53 franks and buns, in 10 minutes. Geoffrey was from my state of MA, so I was rooting for him! :joyfull:

Angel Ariel

Paging @Angel Ariel she was there recently
Honestly there's not a lot of thrill attractions at UH that aren't somewhat screen based at least. We didn't do transformers or mummy because we haven't introduced those properties to DD at her age, but both are heavy screen base. We didn't do Simpsons so I don't know what that one was like.

HP and the Forbidden Journey - some screens, mixed with physical/animatronic effects. Wasn't VR, and I don't recall it being 3D

Flight of the Hippogriff - great coaster, rode it multiple times. Probably on the level of BTMRR in terms of thrills

We did the Backlot tour - there was some screens in this, but most of it was not. (Check out a YouTube video ahead if needed)

Mario kart - VR based, not impressive TBH (DH and I don't have the access issues with VR that DD has, but we still didn't love the ride. The game was too distracting, and I expect a Mario kart attraction to be fast, and it wasn't. It was like a VR Buzz)

We also did secret life of pets, not a thrill ride but DD enjoyed. Despicable Me also screen based (and a kids ride).

We didn't do the Jurassic park water ride as it was January, but the velociraptor encounter was cool.

Overall I wasn't super impressed. We went to take DD to Harry Potter, and it was fine to spend a day there for that and fit in some other stuff. DD was chosen to participate in the wand show at Ollivanders, and then we had fun exploring the spells in the window with the wand that chose her. But we likely won't return to UH any time soon, even if we have extra days if/when we go to DLR. I've heard UO is much different so we will likely try that, if only for diagon alley, when we go back to FL, but universal didn't impress us with the accessibility of their attractions. DD couldn't even keep the VR helmet for Mario kart on her head - it was too heavy and hurt her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom