The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
James would call that a snack. Is it allergen safe and what's the price per pound
Sorry, haven't a clue about the allergens -- never read the ingredients, etc. I was "sold" by the picture on the box! :p

Good grief -- price per pound? That's advanced. Haven't a clue about that either! :joyfull:

All I can say is that it was on sale this week (new item for the store), and it was $6.00 off. I paid $9.99 for all of it. 👍

Goofyernmost

Sorry, haven't a clue about the allergens -- never read the ingredients, etc. I was "sold" by the picture on the box! :p

Good grief -- price per pound? That's advanced. Haven't a clue about that either! :joyfull:

All I can say is that it was on sale this week (new item for the store), and it was $6.00 off. I paid $9.99 for all of it. 👍
The math works out to $5.71 per pound on sale. The pre-sale price was $9.14 per pound. With todays prices that is a pretty good deal. However, the eatability is the next essential piece of the puzzle. I'm sure you will let us know if it's a win considering your culinary expertise.

Goofyernmost

not to mention the whole manly ritual of going out and smoking their own meat. Just like cavemen, with a fancy smoker, custom cuts from the butcher/farm, spice rub that took a couple of years to develop, shade canopy, chairs with drink holders, timers, thermometers, custom wood chunk blend.................................... Cavemen:rolleyes:
Well, that has long been the inner desires of men, however, Cavemen were hunter/gatherers and cavewomen were the ones that cooked the stuff. Since todays cavemen are no longer trekking out killing mastodons with pointy sticks, they have been the relegated to the reverse image. Women today acquire what is necessary for survival and the men find it manly to prepare it for cooking. OK, there is a certain degree of equal getting and preparing, but it is mostly to cook specific things that the cavewomen brought home in their gathering excursions. 😋

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, that has long been the inner desires of men, however, Cavemen were hunter/gatherers and cavewomen were the ones that cooked the stuff. Since todays cavemen are no longer trekking out killing mastodons with pointy sticks, they have been the relegated to the reverse image. Women today acquire what is necessary for survival and the men find it manly to prepare it for cooking. OK, there is a certain degree of equal getting and preparing, but it is mostly to cook specific things that the cavewomen brought home in their gathering excursions. 😋
The guys are going to hunt/pick up the meat I ordered and I'm going to do quite a bit of gathering at both the farm market and supermarket next week and then cook everything but the meat but I'll wind up prepping/rubbing it:cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The math works out to $5.71 per pound on sale. The pre-sale price was $9.14 per pound. With todays prices that is a pretty good deal. However, the eatability is the next essential piece of the puzzle. I'm sure you will let us know if it's a win considering your culinary expertise.
Well as usual, the actual heated up product, never looks quite as tasty as the photo on the cover. ;)

Out of a 10, I'd give it maybe about a 7. Hubs really liked the ribs part (I didn't try those). The pulled pork was good (I put some of that on a roll), but the chicken was just meh. Also, to note, these weren't huge portions (which was fine with us), but just mentioning that it was maybe enough for up to 3 people, at most. (Hubs said 2 people, maximum.)

Overall, the convenience factor of prepared and pre-cooked food, got high marks from me. But in terms of price, there's no way I'd pay the full price. Glad I got the introductory $6.00 off sale price, so that we could try it, to see if we liked it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well as usual, the actual heated up product, never looks quite as tasty as the photo on the cover. ;)

Out of a 10, I'd give it maybe about a 7. Hubs really liked the ribs part (I didn't try those). The pulled pork was good (I put some of that on a roll), but the chicken was just meh. Also, to note, these weren't huge portions (which was fine with us), but just mentioning that it was maybe enough for up to 3 people, at most. (Hubs said 2 people, maximum.)

Overall, the convenience factor of prepared and pre-cooked food, got high marks from me. But in terms of price, there's no way I'd pay the full price. Glad I got the introductory $6.00 off sale price, so that we could try it, to see if we liked it.
15 for a snack for one of the boys isn't happening;) even more so when you weren't highly impressed

Goofyernmost

The guys are going to hunt/pick up the meat I ordered and I'm going to do quite a bit of gathering at both the farm market and supermarket next week and then cook everything but the meat but I'll wind up prepping/rubbing it:cautious:
So what you are saying is that the Caveman contributes very little and are kept around just to amuse the Cavewoman! 🤔

Tony the Tigger

In the waiting room for 2 MRI’s. Can’t do the open one, have to go in the tube for accuracy. Hoping the meds kick in a little better, the claustrophobia is real and I’m too conscious!! 🫣

Also, go Cats! 🏒🐆 🏆
Good Lord, I was high AF by the time this was over!!

I staggered my meds so it would kick in stronger (rather than wane) while I was in the tube. It did! They did not have Mariah music, but they put on the Sirius Kelly Clarkson (and friends) channel. It was ok. It was an hour in the tube, but I asked them to take me out for a few seconds in-between, and they did.

I did not freak out, but thought about it for half a second. My thoughts turned to - are you ready for this - Kylie at BFPC (Disney) when she used to run like a maniac across that whole outdoor dog park. Next: Brian and I on the HM ride. I thought of every step of that ride from beginning to end (at least I think so.) Wacky, right?

Then, when it was over, I was not only high but thought I deserved a treat. I took a Lyft to Publix and got some dessert thingy - a flaky pastry with cream in the middle, dipped in chocolate on the ends. Grabbed some other stuff. And I wasn’t going to pay for a second Lyft, so I walked about two miles home, singing to whatever music I put on my phone, and exercising with the grocery bags all the way.

Pigged out, passed out! End of night lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom