The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

80s is very hot. Today is the hottest day of the year so far where I live with being 88 degrees.

88 degrees is very hot when working in garage getting things ready for tomorrow for the trip. Being in a garage in 88 degrees is like being baked in an oven.
It was 87 here around noon time yesterday, but we spend most of our time in central air conditioning whereas up north it consists mostly of window AC's which help but otherwise are useless. I was out and about all morning through to almost 2pm but I probably spent a total of 5 minutes actually out of an air conditioned location. That's probably why I don't find it all that hot or humid. I do remember summer days in Vermont when the temperature was over 100 degrees and even with those AC's chugging away, we were still melting and had fans everywhere. The south ain't the only place with very high humidity.

Lilofan

It's funny, I've had flood watches on my phone for the past 2 days, but no flooding in my area. I guess that's not "funny", but thank you for thinking of me! :inlove:
Flood watches also mean 🐊🐊 🐍🐍 watches . When the lakes and even the retention ponds that border a number of homes flood, the wildlife at times even comes out. There was a Tik Tok video recently showing a gator come out of the retention pond and walk up to the patio of a homeowner. The dog in the living room was barking up a storm looking at the gator. The gator got scared and hightailed it back to the water.

Lilofan

It was 87 here around noon time yesterday, but we spend most of our time in central air conditioning whereas up north it consists mostly of window AC's which help but otherwise are useless. I was out and about all morning through to almost 2pm but I probably spent a total of 5 minutes actually out of an air conditioned location. That's probably why I don't find it all that hot or humid. I do remember summer days in Vermont when the temperature was over 100 degrees and even with those AC's chugging away, we were still melting and had fans everywhere. The south ain't the only place with very high humidity.
The one saving grace when the weather heats up up North is to retreat to the cool damp basement . In FL, some locals may ask " What's a basement?".

cgersic

Flood watches also mean 🐊🐊 🐍🐍 watches . When the lakes and even the retention ponds that border a number of homes flood, the wildlife at times even comes out. There was a Tik Tok video recently showing a gator come out of the retention pond and walk up to the patio of a homeowner. The dog in the living room was barking up a storm looking at the gator. The gator got scared and hightailed it back to the water.
I live on an island, so gators and sightings are nothing new for me. However, there was a black bear at my neighbor's yesterday, so that was new!

Lilofan

I live on an island, so gators and sightings are nothing new for me. However, there was a black bear at my neighbor's yesterday, so that was new!
Never saw a bear but a black bear was in a tree next to MK last year. FL Wildlife staff handled but multiple lands at MK were shut down because of bear activity.

FutureCEO

I had my AC set to around 75 when I had window ones, it was perfect. I have central air now so I only put AC on if I want to fall asleep.

I was almost falling asleep on my train ride to work today because the AC was blasting.

Lilofan

I had my AC set to around 75 when I had window ones, it was perfect. I have central air now so I only put AC on if I want to fall asleep.

I was almost falling asleep on my train ride to work today because the AC was blasting.
I'm the opposite. I was on jury duty and the court house waiting room for us potential jurors was freezing cold. Also the courtroom where we had jury selection was freezing cold with AC. We were advised it was cold so we don't fall asleep. It worked for me.

Lilofan

These eaters not only work out in the gym to strengthen their neck muscles but also other parts of their bodies mixed with cardio . Some also eat nothing for 14-16 hours prior to the eating competition with the exception of continually drinking water to stretch their stomach muscles. This helped Michelle who ate 27 hot dogs in 10 min 10 years ago to place 3rd. She weighed 115 pounds but sure could put them away!

Figgy1

deer, chipmunks, raccoons, squirrels, bob cats, foxes, coyotes, hawks, bald eagles, woodpeckers, black bears rabbits have all been spotted in my yard never seen a gator there. Granted I'm north of the Mason Dixon but still jealous of the gator sightings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom