The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tony the Tigger , I don't own any vinyl (haven't for many years), but I've noticed that stores advertise some of the newly released albums, with colorful designs. (I realize this has been going on for some time now.) Regarding the vinyl colors: is this a new sort of "collector market" for some people? The colorful vinyl prices seem high as well.

I was looking at a general weekly ad up here for Target. They had a pre-order for Bon Jovi's new album (Bon Jovi Forever).

Their pre-order price for the colorful red vinyl was $39.99, but the regular cd was only $11.99. (Anyway, it's a moot issue, as I'm not buying it. But I was just curious about why some people buy the colors.)

Tony the Tigger

@Tony the Tigger , I don't own any vinyl (haven't for many years), but I've noticed that stores advertise some of the newly released albums, with colorful designs. (I realize this has been going on for some time now.) Regarding the vinyl colors: is this a new sort of "collector market" for some people? The colorful vinyl prices seem high as well.

I was looking at a general weekly ad up here for Target. They had a pre-order for Bon Jovi's new album (Bon Jovi Forever).

Their pre-order price for the colorful red vinyl was $39.99, but the regular cd was only $11.99. (Anyway, it's a moot issue, as I'm not buying it. But I was just curious about why some people buy the colors.)
Yes, the colors make them collectibles more so than plain black.

For a big title, often Target will have their own color, Amazon might have a different color, independent record stores might have a different color, and the artist’s website may sell their own color.

Those prices sound about right, vinyl is much more expensive than CDs. Most likely plain black vinyl would be the same price or only slightly less.

Figgy1

Yes, the colors make them collectibles more so than plain black.

For a big title, often Target will have their own color, Amazon might have a different color, independent record stores might have a different color, and the artist’s website may sell their own color.

Those prices sound about right, vinyl is much more expensive than CDs. Most likely plain black vinyl would be the same price or only slightly less.
I am going to behave and not post in the suggestions for an Italian restaurant thread:angelic: The words are you serious and intervention came to mind once or twice while reading through:angelic:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@rshell68 can we retroactively file charges against our respective schools for neglect
View attachment 789659

I hope the teacher got a full liter!

I wish I coulda drank wine in school...

In my HS Biology class we were studying fermentation and we made wine. Our teacher allowed us to drink some but it was just a little bit, probably only a half an ounce if that. I wonder what happened to the rest of the wine we made?:cautious:🤔

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went to a Protestant Church growing up. The church I went to had the option of grape juice or wine. I did the grape juice option, but the pastor saw some 8th graders drank wine with their parents.

As many of you know my husband is a pastor and our church offers wine and grape juice. When my husband teaches the first communion class he has the kids try the wine and the grape juice. During services it is a little mixed on if the kids take wine or grape juice. When my husband first started at the church, about 20 years ago, the church only served wine for communion not juice, then on after one of his first services a church member asked to talk to him. Turns out the man was a recovering alcoholic and had not taken communion in years and wanted to know if my husband would be open to including grape juice occasionally so he could take communion. After that grape juice was always included during every communion opportunity and still is. Something similar happened with the bread served, it was tradition that the ladies would make communion bread instead of serving the cardboard-y wafers. Well when a church member was diagnosed with Celiac she asked if there could be a gluten free option or if she could bring her own. My husband then included a gluten free option, which are those terrible cardboard-like wafers, and the church ladies continued to make the bread they had been making for years. Which the bread they make is actually kind of tasty, they add honey to it to give it a little sweetness. And that friends is more you wanted to know about our church's communion.

wdwfan4ver

I wish I coulda drank wine in school...
I know that wasn't possible from the biology book I had in high school. It only had how make beer.

I'm kinda glad you weren't served . . . ;)
Could've been worse. At least he didn't discover how to make wine growing up. I don't think his parents would've want exploding wine.:jawdrop:

I am saying that because because my dad tried making wine either when he was a teen or as an adult before I was born. Lets say an explosion happened and he had to clean it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom