The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Happy Mothers Day GIF by STARCUTOUTSUK

Songbird76

So, we went to this Cafe / restaurant for Easter lunch, and it was really good food. The service wasn't fantastic, but it was ok by Dutch standards. (American standards are way different for restaurant service.) My MIL in particular really enjoyed her meal there, so we decided to go back for mother's day. We made a reservation, we told the nursing home that they didn't need to worry about serving them lunch, etc. We go, pick them up, get them settled in their wheelchairs and we wheel them across the city center to this restaurant. (We have to go somewhere in the Centrum unless my BIL is going, too, because we can't fit all of us in our car.) We get there at exactly the time of our reservation, only it is dark inside, the door is locked, the chairs are stacked up on tables and there is no one to be seen. No sign on the door saying they are running behind or anything. Just closed up tight. Some guy came up and asked if we had a reservation, we said yes, so he called someone who works there and that guy was off until this evening, but said the owner and the chef should have been there. But there was no one, and with a restaurant, there's a lot of prep involved, so you would expect someone to be there at least half an hour before opening, wouldn't you? We ended up having to go somewhere else, where they really didn't have an appealing menu for me. My MIL loved her lunch, so I guess happy mother's day to her, but has anyone else ever had this happen? It seems very unprofessional to me to not even be open at the time someone has reserved. Is that just me? We walked by later because we were curious, and they were open. But we double checked the opening time listed, and it was supposed to be open when we got there. No idea what time they finally opened, or why they were late, but with no sign of opening imminently, we couldn't stand there and wait all day in case they never opened, so we left. Which is too bad, because I really didn't enjoy my lunch and we ended up needing to get fast food for everyone but my husband after we took my in-laws back home. So bizarre.

FutureCEO

So one of the entertainment things in between innings they do is "Guess the Year". They give you a music clue, a pop culture clue, and an Orioles history clue.

The pop culture clue was the year that Return of the Jedi came out.

I looked at Dad, grinned, and said "1983" which he shook his head. 😂

I believe the 80's were the best decade for entertainment. Bad decade due to the start of greedy executive pay. I was 4.5 when the decade was over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom