The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Its all about personal choices. I chose to drink the free in house coffee at work all day while my peers and bosses went multiple times to the nearby Starbucks for coffee and non coffee drinks at times spending $10 or more per day. I've worked with the same team for over 10 years so I figure each has spent more than $25K to fuel the Starbucks empire.

I don’t drink coffee often, but if alcohol’s involved and it’s free, I’m there…!!!!! :D:hilarious:

Lilofan

I don’t drink coffee often, but if alcohol’s involved and it’s free, I’m there…!!!!! :D:hilarious:
Back in the day my father and his peers from his Engineering firm would go out to lunch and have productive working lunches with good food and various types of alcohol. That's a description of that " three martini lunch " for some back in the day.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Back in the day my father and his peers from his Engineering firm would go out to lunch and have productive working lunches with good food and various types of alcohol. That's a description of that " three martini lunch " for some back in the day.
Is that while they were designing the Titanic? For some strange reason I'd prefer my engineers to be completely sober. 😐

Lilofan

Is that while they were designing the Titanic? For some strange reason I'd prefer my engineers to be completely sober. 😐
That was horrific, design and build a ship with not enough lifeboats. Cruise ship companies have improved . Royal Caribbean 's Iconic of the Seas had 8K souls on board, 17 lifeboats that can hold 450 passengers each.🤔

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Tires are very expensive. When back in the day at DHS, there was a stunt show with bikes and cars called Lights Motor Action at the back of the park. The attraction had 2-3 shows daily. We loved watching the show. One day we were talking with one of the cast member stunt drivers . He advised that Disney spent $125K just on tires monthly.

Yea, we saw it twice back in the day, and there was also a Travel Channel special about it.
Seemed like their specialty was burning up tires…the whole thing was actually pretty stupid.

donaldtoo

Here in Texas, we used to have three margarita lunches back in the day…I was able to handle it better back then…!!!!! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

That's a nice guitar. What kind of music do you prefer to play on it?
I have a guitar that I bought from Sears 55 years ago. I never could play it very well but I said I will have more time to learn it when I retire. Shortly after I retired I started to have problems with my hands, they tell me from the spinal problems I had, that made my fingers both numb feeling and at the same time overly sensitive so that pressing on the strings caused a whole lot of pain. It was and still is a pretty good guitar considering I only paid $35.00 for it, on sale.

It was one of those bait and switch deals that Sears used to excel in. They advertised it on sale, put it out on display in the store and when I went to buy it they said that they were all sold out and all they had left was the display. I said, well if you aren't going to get anymore and your sold out why not sell me the display. They couldn't do that they said, because it was against the rules to sell the display besides it should come with a case and they didn't have one. I responded well, I don't need a case and I would like to buy that one. After I asked often enough, nicely, I might add, they finally gave in because they frankly had no good excuse. So I took it home. Now comes the shocker, two days later they found the guitar case that went with it and I drove back and picked it up.

They tried the same thing about 10 years later when I wanted to buy an upright freezer that they advertised on sale. That one was available but it wasn't going to be shipped for at least a month, maybe more. They tried every angle they could think of to sell me a more expensive one. Things like telling me that the more expensive one would freeze quicker. I replied, number one, I wasn't in any hurry and that is the one I wanted it doesn't have to get there right away. The second was about the freeze factor. It was like $100 more expensive for one with a thermostat that you could set to any degree of frozen I'd like. I asked, this is a freezer does it reach below freezing, they said yes and I said well that is exactly what I need. A freezer that has a temperature below freezing. They finally gave up and miracle of miracles it was delivered to my place one week later. I left it in the basement of my house that we sold after the divorce which was 30 years later and it was still happily freezing away and never had a problem. I might also add that some of the time that I owned it I had it in an uninsulated metal shed in my back yard. The thing is that Kenmore was a very high quality product, but Sears salespeople had to be watched when it came to honesty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom