The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I actually have learned how to hold my liquor very well since turning 21. Which my one cousin will tell you because he did not expect that I'd be able to drink moonshine. However, I'm also a very SLOW drinker. Probably why I can hold it so we'll, but taking an entire evening on one glass of wine isn't unusual. That being said, I drank half a bottle in SC over the course of an evening and still trounced my aunt in Scrabble, so...
How much did she have??? Important information when making a judgement call.

Goofyernmost

We're going to have so much fun!

I started today by taking a shower in my parents' shower.

And then when it got dark, I turned off most of the lights, so I currently have just enough light to see by.

And I loaded the dishwasher...without putting the spoons with the spoons and the forks with the forks...the silverware can go wherever!

Oh, and I have more big plans in store. A trip to IKEA for some new office and bedroom furniture! And the mini fridge for the kitchenette is coming on Friday, so I'm rearranging. And while Dad's not home, I'm relocating the stereo that no longer works but takes up a ton of space. I was hoping to relocate it to the dump, but Mom won't let me (yet).
I defy anyone to just try and keep up with such a party animal as yourself. Are you trying to act like an old person just for practice?

Goofyernmost

I had a very similar one, but it had a dual cassette deck, so I could do "mix" tapes. Man was I cool back then. :hilarious: Definitely don't relocate any vinyl is there is some, and you may be surprise how many people collect those rack units.
I still have one combo... radio, dual cassette player and turntable that my daughter bought us for Christmas. She would have been around 17 at that time some 30+ years ago. It all still works and I have a bin of 60's albums, some of which I believe have some value.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I still have one combo... radio, dual cassette player and turntable that my daughter bought us for Christmas. She would have been around 17 at that time some 30+ years ago. It all still works and I have a bin of 60 albums, some of which I believe have some value.
Dual cassette decks were my thing when I had very little money. Still have my 40 year old Kenwood system that works like new. Bought a bunch of blank cassettes and copied my friends cassettes they bought at Sam Goody back in the day.

Lilofan

That's only because you don't know what 68 feels like. Unsolicited advice... Don't rush it. Appreciate what you have now because when it is gone, it is gone forever.
I'm in my mid 50s but I feel like half my age and my bloodwork, BP numbers reflect that. It is not easy, it is a daily grind , but it is life changing diet exercise stress relief . My wake up call was my scary numbers years ago and a few peers and friends / hospitalized and some dying back in the day because of not taking care of themselves.

Goofyernmost

I'm in my mid 50s but I feel like half my age and my bloodwork, BP numbers reflect that. It is not easy, it is a daily grind , but it is life changing diet exercise stress relief . My wake up call was my scary numbers years ago and a few peers and friends / hospitalized and some dying back in the day because of not taking care of themselves.

Sure, but 50's isn't anywhere near old age. You will be amazed at how much can happen in just 20 or so years.

Goofyernmost

My grandfather finally had time to go sledding for the first time in his life and try skiing once he retired. He wasn't a fan due to the cold
I did all kinds of stuff when I first retired and I was a grandfather at the time. Then age caught up and everything has slowed to a crawl. In my first 6 years, of retirement, I had traveled to Vegas, Orlando (X 6), went to Atlanta, went to Augusta for the Masters (to see it, my invitation got lost in the mail apparently so I couldn't play in it), made 8 trips to Vermont, Attended the US Open in Pinehurst, played hundreds of rounds of golf and went on a month long trip to Europe ending in a Trans-Atlantic cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette from Rome to Fort Lauderdale all ending by 2017. Since then I have managed to make one trip to Orlando and one trip to Vermont, but I have had 6 surgery's of varying degrees of seriousness, but I have spent far more time in Hospitals, clinics and Dr's offices then I did in the previous 67 years combined.

Figgy1

I did all kinds of stuff when I first retired and I was a grandfather at the time. Then age caught up and everything has slowed to a crawl. In my first 6 years, of retirement, I had traveled to Vegas, Orlando (X 6), went to Atlanta, went to Augusta for the Masters (to see it, my invitation got lost in the mail apparently so I couldn't play in it), made 8 trips to Vermont, Attended the US Open in Pinehurst, played hundreds of rounds of golf and went on a month long trip to Europe ending in a Trans-Atlantic cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette from Rome to Fort Lauderdale all ending by 2017. Since then I have managed to make one trip to Orlando and one trip to Vermont, but I have had 6 surgery's of varying degrees of seriousness, but I have spent far more time in Hospitals, clinics and Dr's offices then I did in the previous 67 years combined.
May 2024 be the year you get your health back!
He did slow down a bit at 90, at 85 he moved to Miami because a buddy of his did and weather, lasted not much over a year because in his words "too many old people not ever wanting to do anything" Helping them move back was fun NOT except for the stop at Disney

Lilofan

My grandfather finally had time to go sledding for the first time in his life and try skiing once he retired. He wasn't a fan due to the cold
Never skied and never wanted to. We felt sad when a young teenage girl in the nearby town where I grew up was clobbered by an out of control skier on the slopes. She didn't survive from her head injury.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The Vinyl is back in storage. The record player has never worked for as long as we've had it. It's missing a needle. I'd love to get a working record player actually as we have some vintage Disney records.
Well, if you ever decide you might want to play those Disney records, a new stylus doesn't need to cost a fortune -- they 're in all price ranges. (@Tony the Tigger is the vinyl guru, and would of course, know this topic far better than me.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom