The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Season 2 Get Help GIF by Living Single
seth meyers get help GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Sonic The Hedgehog Please GIF by Mashed

I prefer Target over Wal Mart because it's closer and less dirty. But Target is just as expensive for food as a regular supermarket. I have never bought clothes or home nic naks at Target so I can't say anything about that.

Lilofan

Sister Act Reaction GIF
Rubenstein would be worth a lot more than his net worth of $3B if he didn't turn down two opportunities. Back in the day he declined to meet Zuckerburg and be an early investor of Facebook . He also declined an offer to own 20% of Amazon when Bezos was first starting the company.

StarWarsGirl

Rubenstein would be worth a lot more than his net worth of $3B if he didn't turn down two opportunities. Back in the day he declined to meet Zuckerburg and be an early investor of Facebook . He also declined an offer to own 20% of Amazon when Bezos was first starting the company.
I don't really care so long as he had enough money to buy and run a baseball team.

The Angelos family has been running the team into the ground since I've been alive. We had the second lowest salaries in the majors last year and yet were the top AL team. Imagine what we could do with owners who actually care.

I've wanted to give John Angelos the George Costanza speech...

StarWarsGirl

I prefer Target over Wal Mart because it's closer and less dirty. But Target is just as expensive for food as a regular supermarket. I have never bought clothes or home nic naks at Target so I can't say anything about that.
Better quality clothes at Target for sure. I bought a very nice jewelry box there last month. I wouldn't buy furniture from Target, though.

Lilofan

I don't really care so long as he had enough money to buy and run a baseball team.

The Angelos family has been running the team into the ground since I've been alive. We had the second lowest salaries in the majors last year and yet were the top AL team. Imagine what we could do with owners who actually care.

I've wanted to give John Angelos the George Costanza speech...

Try to get more fans in the stands. Baltimore has one of the lowest home attendance figures in MLB. He probably doesn’t have a clue on how to run a team but he should hire / fire / all who don’t get fired get on the same page to move the team forward. The team has struggled for so many years and the city and fans deserve better.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Try to get more fans in the stands. Baltimore has one of the lowest home attendance figures in MLB.
Because we have one of the nicest stadiums in baseball and yet somehow Angelos screwed that up too.

We used to have a full service restaurant in the stadium (that's where I went for my first legal drink). They cut that out to save money. This year they got a new vendor for their food, and the quality went downhill. They also want you to do self pay to save on employees, and fans hate it. And I'm sorry, but they absolutely need to cut prices. They would get more fans in the stands if their food was reasonably priced.

Oh, and the Very Stupid Thing they did after covid was their bag policy. Every other stadium in the MLB you used the stadium bags that are clear. Not the Orioles. You could bring a wristlet. That was it. I had to go through the ADA line because I have to carry too many medications for them to fit in a small wristlet and had to have a bag. You also weren't allowed to bring outside food or drinks in. They finally about faced on that policy (I think the MLB made them).

They also have a poor relationship with the Ravens, in spite of the fact that the Ravens play next door. They could share things like security scanners and such to reduce costs since the two stadiums never have an event at the same time but...no. And the Ravens somehow always manage to fill their stadium, so that has been Angelos's excuse for years. "Oh, the fans don't want us." We want our frickin team, we don't want you.

Actual picture of John Angelos...
Gral_Ferengi.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Because we have one of the nicest stadiums in baseball and yet somehow Angelos screwed that up too.

We used to have a full service restaurant in the stadium (that's where I went for my first legal drink). They cut that out to save money. This year they got a new vendor for their food, and the quality went downhill. They also want you to do self pay to save on employees, and fans hate it. And I'm sorry, but they absolutely need to cut prices. They would get more fans in the stands if their food was reasonably priced.

Oh, and the Very Stupid Thing they did after covid was their bag policy. Every other stadium in the MLB you used the stadium bags that are clear. Not the Orioles. You could bring a wristlet. That was it. I had to go through the ADA line because I have to carry too many medications for them to fit in a small wristlet and had to have a bag. You also weren't allowed to bring outside food or drinks in. They finally about faced on that policy (I think the MLB made them).

They also have a poor relationship with the Ravens, in spite of the fact that the Ravens play next door. They could share things like security scanners and such to reduce costs since the two stadiums never have an event at the same time but...no. And the Ravens somehow always manage to fill their stadium, so that has been Angelos's excuse for years. "Oh, the fans don't want us." We want our frickin team, we don't want you.

View attachment 766026
easy a burn GIF

Lilofan

View attachment 766026
I'd say in MD, even the Terps have upgraded their training facilities to rival many D1 schools but the football stadium play in is from the stone ages. The Terps draws little to no interest in fans and students to attend home games.

StarWarsGirl

I'd say in MD, even the Terps have upgraded their training facilities to rival many D1 schools but the football stadium play in is from the stone ages. The Terps draws little to no interest in fans and students to attend home games.
Well, Maryland is a D1 school, so I would hope their facilities are at D1 standards.

The thing is college sports is very much a southern thing, and since we are stuck in between the North and South and we have the NFL in Baltimore, the average Marylander is not going to care about the Terps unless they went to U of M (which I did not; I went to a D3 school, lol). Plus U of M is very much a college town; you don't go there unless it's something to do with the college. It's several hours from where I live; Ravens Stadium and Camden Yards are closer.

The basketball Terps team tends to be a bit more popular since we don't have an NBA team.

Lilofan

Well, Maryland is a D1 school, so I would hope their facilities are at D1 standards.

The thing is college sports is very much a southern thing, and since we are stuck in between the North and South and we have the NFL in Baltimore, the average Marylander is not going to care about the Terps unless they went to U of M (which I did not; I went to a D3 school, lol). Plus U of M is very much a college town; you don't go there unless it's something to do with the college. It's several hours from where I live; Ravens Stadium and Camden Yards are closer.

The basketball Terps team tends to be a bit more popular since we don't have an NBA team.
Penn State , OSU, Notre Dame , Nebraska etc college football is religion in those areas with sold out stadiums for decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom