The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Yea, my Pop is a good man, as was “Pizza Gates” (no clue if he’s still around). It was about teaching and all the kids having fun.
Too much crap these days from parents trying to make up for their own sports failures of years gone by by pushing their kids, so they can live vicariously through them. Not to mention assaults on coaches, other fans, referees, umpires, etc., these days.
Too many are just off their nut.
When A was younger, he wanted to play soccer. (like every other boy his age, pretty much) It's really expensive, and he wasn't very good, but he wanted to fit in. When he first started, he had a really good coach who had a son with down syndrome, so he was very patient and encouraging, and everyone got to play, and if the boys started arguing because someone made a mistake, he would talk to the whole team about team work and helping each other, etc. He was great. And then A had to move up a level because he was older than the coach's son. The coach of the next level was all about winning and he didn't play all the kids. Then that coach's son moved up, so they got a new coach and he was terrible. These were 6 and 7 year old kids and he's screaming at them, making them run, and his favorite thing was to put A at the goal as a team of one and all the boys took turns doing penalty shots. If they made 10 shots before A kept out 10, A had to run laps around the field. But it was completely unfair because he was by himself and had to keep out every single shot, while each of the boys only had to make one or two shots. A wasn't having fun at all, so he quit and we put him in chess instead. And now he does tennis, too. So much better for him.

donaldtoo

Yea, there are plenty of crappy “coaches” out there, too.
Although, I played baseball from Little League all the way up through Pony League, and was fortunate to never have one of those coaches. (The first season I played Pony League I was a pitcher, and I and the second baseman had one heckuva’ pickoff play on guys leading towards third base from second base - we picked off 7 or 8 guys that season…!!! :)).
Anyway, I played my last season of Pony League baseball when we moved from No Cal back to Texas, and then switched to soccer after that. The first season, I played in a Town & Country league.
The year after that, we lobbied the school board to include soccer in the HS athletic program, and I played as a starting defender on the varsity team my junior and senior years.
The head, and varsity coach (there was a freshman team and JV team, also) they brought in
was actually an assistant JV football coach, but, he had also played soccer at the University of Texas.
He was a good coach, too. But, if a player during a game took a shot on goal and it went over the goal, that player ran a lap for each time that happened during the game at our next practice…!!!!! :hilarious:
Again, he was a good coach, but, he was a stickler for that. He taught from day one to keep your toes down when shooting on goal. He didn’t mind if a shot went wide, because at least you toes were probably down, but, those shots over the goal really torqued him…!!!!! 😂
Sorry A had such a bad experience with the soccer coach, but, glad he found other activities he enjoys…!!! :)

Lilofan

Yea, there are plenty of crappy “coaches” out there, too.
Although, I played baseball from Little League all the way up through Pony League, and was fortunate to never have one of those coaches. (The first season I played Pony League I was a pitcher, and I and the second baseman had one heckuva’ pickoff play on guys leading towards third base from second base - we picked off 7 or 8 guys that season…!!! :)).
Anyway, I played my last season of Pony League baseball when we moved from No Cal back to Texas, and then switched to soccer after that. The first season, I played in a Town & Country league.
The year after that, we lobbied the school board to include soccer in the HS athletic program, and I played as a starting defender on the varsity team my junior and senior years.
The head, and varsity coach (there was a freshman team and JV team, also) they brought in
was actually an assistant JV football coach, but, he had also played soccer at the University of Texas.
He was a good coach, too. But, if a player during a game took a shot on goal and it went over the goal, that player ran a lap for each time that happened during the game at our next practice…!!!!! :hilarious:
Again, he was a good coach, but, he was a stickler for that. He taught from day one to keep your toes down when shooting on goal. He didn’t mind if a shot went wide, because at least you toes were probably down, but, those shots over the goal really torqued him…!!!!! 😂
Sorry A had such a bad experience with the soccer coach, but, glad he found other activities he enjoys…!!! :)
I give a lot of credit on whoever can practice and play sports in the brutal summer heat of TX.

donaldtoo

Just got back from the store, and the Girl Scouts were selling cookies out front. They approached me so sweetly I couldn’t resist…!!!!! :hilarious:
Although, I only bought 2 boxes (Caramel Delights and thin mints :hungry:) ‘cause they were 6 bucks a box…!!!!! :eek:o_O;)
When Megan (then Sarah) started selling them, they were about 2 bucks a box. :cyclops:
Anyway, Carolyn and MIL were very happy I picked them up some Girl Scout cookies…!!! :happy:

wdwfan4ver

Winter isn't too bad and is the time of the year I enjoy drinking hot cocoa. My dad was born in January.

His Birthday is next week. Weather is good by January standards for him in Wisconsin on his birthday. I am talking about 36 degrees as a high with no snow in forecast and that means he can go out to eat on his birthday with no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom