The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
FOLLOW UP: He was ok, but I finally found out why he was so fond of him and the Orioles. I don't remember what specific game he went to as a kid but he always thought Brooks was great. I seemed that my SIL's mother found a copy of Brooks Robinsons book "Third Base is My Home" ⚾and got up the courage to go up to Mr. Robinson and ask him if he would please autograph his book. He told me that Brooks told him that he was the first one to ask for him to autograph that book. He then spent some time asking where he lived and did he play Baseball and many other topics.

This is a lesson that so many famous people should learn that just treating children or even grown ups properly will make you a life long legion to someone and it carried through for at least 50 years. Now that is a legacy.
Brooks was so classy. Known as Mr. Oriole. For good reason.

donaldtoo

Oh, Oh I'm supposed to play golf with my son in law today and he worshiped Brooks Robinson. I think I told you that he named his son Brooks after him. It's going to be a downer, I'm sure.
I thought he had passed ages ago.

I saw him play back in the early 70’s.
When we lived in No Cal from ‘68-‘76, we were Oakland A’s fans and went to a few games every year.
Sad to hear, but, seems like he had a good long life.

Lilofan

Yep, I (obviously ;)) loves me some heat, but, as I’ve posted before, I get a better nights sleep in cooler air. I can nap just fine in the heat though, so go figure…!!!!! 🤷‍♂️:hilarious:
Back in the day some friends that lived in NC with no AC but had ceiling fans would sit and talk late night drink some cold ones on the front porch sitting on some rocking chairs in the summertime. After a while they got so tired and tipsy they went back in the house and drifted off to sleep.

Lilofan

Oh, Oh I'm supposed to play golf with my son in law today and he worshiped Brooks Robinson. I think I told you that he named his son Brooks after him. It's going to be a downer, I'm sure.
I thought he had passed ages ago.
I don't care for the Orioles but Brooks Robinson was probably one of the best defensive players that ever played, being elected to the Hall of Fame on his first ballot. He was so beloved that I read that some couples named their newborn, Brooks. Baltimore haven't been to the World Series in 40 years, maybe this is their year, not bad for a team with one of the lowest payrolls in MLB. The Yankees and Mets with some of the highest payrolls and money doesn't always buy you success especially this year.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I don't care for the Orioles
dishonor GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom