The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Now I'm sad... ☹️
Oh, Oh I'm supposed to play golf with my son in law today and he worshiped Brooks Robinson. I think I told you that he named his son Brooks after him. It's going to be a downer, I'm sure.
I thought he had passed ages ago.

Last edited:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It'll be glorious when it hits 80 early next week.
No Way Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Usually the heat goes on in October but with the temp in my place at 64. I had to put the heat on for a small while at least until the outside temp comes up.
So, 64 is cold? :joyfull: My heat kicked in overnight, but only when the temps dropped below 50. :p It's too early for heat, but I can't set it any lower. (In very cold winter months, I'll set it about 60.)

93boomer

Premium Member
So, 64 is cold? :joyfull: My heat kicked in overnight, but only when the temps dropped below 50. :p It's too early for heat, but I can't set it any lower. (In very cold winter months, I'll set it about 60.)
Haven’t turned on my heat yet. It’s been as low as 65 with the windows open. That’s ok. But, when we consistently hit those 30s and 40s heat will be on. I set ours on 68.

Goofyernmost

Oh, Oh I'm supposed to play golf with my son in law today and he worshiped Brooks Robinson. I think I told you that he named his son Brooks after him. It's going to be a downer, I'm sure.
I thought he had passed ages ago.
FOLLOW UP: He was ok, but I finally found out why he was so fond of him and the Orioles. I don't remember what specific game he went to as a kid but he always thought Brooks was great. It seemed that my SIL's mother found a copy of Brooks Robinsons book "Third Base is My Home" ⚾ and got up the courage to go up to Mr. Robinson and ask him if he would please autograph his book. He told me that Brooks told him that he was the first one to ask for him to autograph that book. He then spent some time asking where he lived and did he play Baseball and many other topics.

This is a lesson that so many famous people should learn that just treating children or even grown ups properly will make you a life long legion to someone and it carried through for at least 50 years. Now that is a legacy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom