The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
OK, here’s the deal with the mutt:

In addition to the usual allergy flare-up taking its toll on her coat (antibiotics + antifungals) and her arthritis (galliprant, joint stuff, etc.) she has taken to wheezing. I tried to post a 10 second video because it’s hard to explain but the file was too big. It’s basically a wheeze/cough, often with a hack at the end (but nothing comes up.)

Naturally, we were very concerned. The vet was booked up until 10/6 but said they would call if any cancellations. Two days later, we got her in.

They did x-rays and ruled out something swallowed/stuck and ruled out cancer. Her heart was mildly enlarged. Doc heard something odd while listening to it as well. They did an EKG and had to have it analyzed over Zoom later in the day. They wanted to do more stuff but I said one step at a time.

Doc called back and said #1 Zoom doc also looked at x-ray and confirmed enlarged heart, but mildly. Said otherwise looks like a normal old dog heart. No congestive heart failure. EKG showed arrhythmias: first extra beats and then a pause. No bueno. This could be related to the breathing issue.

Getting a medication tomorrow that is meant to address the arrhythmias, and that may address the breathing. Retest EKG about a week later. They want to ultrasound heart, spleen + X-ray abdomen. Again, I said let’s see what the meds do first before we torment her further.

It is infrequent, but usually 3 times in a row, maybe 2-4 times per day, and more likely those times are overnight.

She’s lost a few pounds, eating a bit erratically, but still eating every day.

Coming up on 14 years old next month.

Here she is pretending to be Carnie Wilson in every Wilson-Phillips video.
View attachment 744771
I agree with the one step at a time . Poor Kylie. That's too much for a sweetie to go through all at once. Good luck on the meds. I really hope it works. Give her a big hug from me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree with the one step at a time . Poor Kylie. That's too much for a sweetie to go through all at once. Good luck on the meds. I really hope it works. Give her a big hug from me.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by reactionseditor
Kylie

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Unpopular opinion: to me, the DL Space Mountain is just okay. I mean, the onboard audio is cool and I love the soundtrack, but it's basically just a bunch of turns. I prefer the track of the WDW Space Mountain, although it definitely needs some TLC.
The Space Mt in MK is just so rough for me it feels like the Matterhorn in the dark. And ironically I really like the Matterhorn but Space at MK is skippable.

StarWarsGirl

The Space Mt in MK is just so rough for me it feels like the Matterhorn in the dark. And ironically I really like the Matterhorn but Space at MK is skippable.
I feel like Matterhorn is rougher than WDW Space. I like the darkness of it, although right now some of the emergency lights are stuck on. I feel like the padding in the seats helps a bit; Matterhorn has zero padding. I do like Matterhorn, though, especially in the front. Feels like there's nothing between you and the track.

Tony the Tigger

No heartworm or anything parasitic?
I know that some illnesses related to parasites can be nasty.
can do a lot of damage.
They didn’t suggest that, and she’s on monthly pills for them. I guess anything is possible.
Yeah, after the thermometer 😯 then the x-ray (Doc came back and said, “She really doesn’t like to be on her back!” Yeah, no kidding!) then the EKG…we had been there for 2 hours and then they wanted to do a full panel blood test, mainly to check thyroid (for the skin issues) and kidneys. I was not putting her through that.

But I was kind of glad to hear she was fiesty with the x-ray - showed some will. On the way into their office that morning, I got upset because she usually pulls and whimpers if she sees another dog, very much wanting to say hello. We walked right past a few dogs and she didn’t care at all. Reminded me of when my cat was on her way out and lost interest in everything. This is not that.

Hug has been issued!

Figgy1

Premium Member
They didn’t suggest that, and she’s on monthly pills for them. I guess anything is possible.

Yeah, after the thermometer 😯 then the x-ray (Doc came back and said, “She really doesn’t like to be on her back!” Yeah, no kidding!) then the EKG…we had been there for 2 hours and then they wanted to do a full panel blood test, mainly to check thyroid (for the skin issues) and kidneys. I was not putting her through that.

But I was kind of glad to hear she was fiesty with the x-ray - showed some will. On the way into their office that morning, I got upset because she usually pulls and whimpers if she sees another dog, very much wanting to say hello. We walked right past a few dogs and she didn’t care at all. Reminded me of when my cat was on her way out and lost interest in everything. This is not that.

Hug has been issued!
Kylie is too cool to associate with just any other dogs

StarWarsGirl

Not a father in sight.
What time do you think you'll reach home?
Yup, they sat more towards the front of the plane and I sat in the emergency exit row. Which was interesting to be the only one there and being like "Yes, in the event of an emergency, I will open this door by myself." 🤣 I think Dad took an entire row for himself as well.

We already got all of our luggage (which my parents are slow...so I got all of it off before they even got there) and we're headed for the car, so maybe around 1:30 at the latest I would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom