The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Is popcorn shrimp appropriate for dinner? :p I was shopping in the frozen fish section of Target this morning, and I thought I grabbed a box of regular fish, to oven bake. Apparently, I picked up the wrong box, and it's popcorn shrimp! :joyfull:
Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

Lilofan

It's Southwest, so open seating. I can sit across the plane from them if I want to.

My plan is to abandon them in the airport and meet them at some point on the plane.
I've never been on Southwest , open seating sounds like first come first serve , early bird gets the worm? I'm a United loyal passenger. Cool thing about United is when the United Club staff advised me active military have access to the Club which has complimentary food and drink and nicer surroundings as opposed to the chaos in the terminal.

MouseDreaming

There is nothing better then a ripe home grown tomato. That half plastic ones that you buy at the store taste like you're eating the packaging. 👎
Long story, but the short version, we left farmers market this morning with no tomatoes. DH did ask if I wanted to swing around and get some, but I will just stop by a road stand tomorrow.

Nothing beats a fresh homegrown or farm tomato. And the season does not last long enough.

StarWarsGirl

I've never been on Southwest , open seating sounds like first come first serve , early bird gets the worm? I'm a United loyal passenger. Cool thing about United is when the United Club staff advised me active military have access to the Club which has complimentary food and drink and nicer surroundings as opposed to the chaos in the terminal.
I had a complimentary United Club pass, so I used it in San Francisco in June. It was really nice.

From Baltimore, especially to Orlando, your choice basically is Southwest. They take up three of the five terminals. But it's cheap (I think I paid $79 each way for this trip) and you don't have to worry about additional bag fees and such. I have their credit card, so right now I have around 21,000 miles, so that should pay for my Charleston flights this winter.

And yes, the open seating policy is first come, first serve based on the group you get when you check in. You can also pay to ensure an early boarding group. They also have pre boarding, which my brother has for his autism and I traditionally get for my allergies so I have time to wipe down the seating area. It's a little annoying, but then sometimes I've had flights where they haven't been full and I've had empty seats next to me. A few times I've had an entire row to myself.

Cesar R M

I used to like United, but their seat spacing is absolute trash now. Its probably some of the narrowest leg spaces I've ever seen. And I'm including US and CAN carriers too.

StarWarsGirl

I used to like United, but their seat spacing is absolute trash now. Its probably some of the narrowest leg spaces I've ever seen. And I'm including US and CAN carriers too.
Yeah, definitely. I've paid extra for the United Economy Plus to get the same amount of room I get on Southwest.

Although on my flight from Honolulu to San Francisco, I paid extra for it, and it turned out to be what is normally the Premiere Plus section, like regular first class seats. So I made out well on that one.

StarWarsGirl

I think it was placed there by people wishing the Disneyland Space Mt was in Florida. Wishful thinking can't make MK's Space Mt. as wonderful as Disneyland's.
Unpopular opinion: to me, the DL Space Mountain is just okay. I mean, the onboard audio is cool and I love the soundtrack, but it's basically just a bunch of turns. I prefer the track of the WDW Space Mountain, although it definitely needs some TLC.

Tony the Tigger

OK, here’s the deal with the mutt:

In addition to the usual allergy flare-up taking its toll on her coat (antibiotics + antifungals) and her arthritis (galliprant, joint stuff, etc.) she has taken to wheezing. I tried to post a 10 second video because it’s hard to explain but the file was too big. It’s basically a wheeze/cough, often with a hack at the end (but nothing comes up.)

Naturally, we were very concerned. The vet was booked up until 10/6 but said they would call if any cancellations. Two days later, we got her in.

They did x-rays and ruled out something swallowed/stuck and ruled out cancer. Her heart was mildly enlarged. Doc heard something odd while listening to it as well. They did an EKG and had to have it analyzed over Zoom later in the day. They wanted to do more stuff but I said one step at a time.

Doc called back and said #1 Zoom doc also looked at x-ray and confirmed enlarged heart, but mildly. Said otherwise looks like a normal old dog heart. No congestive heart failure. EKG showed arrhythmias: first extra beats and then a pause. No bueno. This could be related to the breathing issue.

Getting a medication tomorrow that is meant to address the arrhythmias, and that may address the breathing. Retest EKG about a week later. They want to ultrasound heart, spleen + X-ray abdomen. Again, I said let’s see what the meds do first before we torment her further.

It is infrequent, but usually 3 times in a row, maybe 2-4 times per day, and more likely those times are overnight.

She’s lost a few pounds, eating a bit erratically, but still eating every day.

Coming up on 14 years old next month.

Here she is pretending to be Carnie Wilson in every Wilson-Phillips video.
IMG_1008.jpeg

Cesar R M

OK, here’s the deal with the mutt:

In addition to the usual allergy flare-up taking its toll on her coat (antibiotics + antifungals) and her arthritis (galliprant, joint stuff, etc.) she has taken to wheezing. I tried to post a 10 second video because it’s hard to explain but the file was too big. It’s basically a wheeze/cough, often with a hack at the end (but nothing comes up.)

Naturally, we were very concerned. The vet was booked up until 10/6 but said they would call if any cancellations. Two days later, we got her in.

They did x-rays and ruled out something swallowed/stuck and ruled out cancer. Her heart was mildly enlarged. Doc heard something odd while listening to it as well. They did an EKG and had to have it analyzed over Zoom later in the day. They wanted to do more stuff but I said one step at a time.

Doc called back and said #1 Zoom doc also looked at x-ray and confirmed enlarged heart, but mildly. Said otherwise looks like a normal old dog heart. No congestive heart failure. EKG showed arrhythmias: first extra beats and then a pause. No bueno. This could be related to the breathing issue.

Getting a medication tomorrow that is meant to address the arrhythmias, and that may address the breathing. Retest EKG about a week later. They want to ultrasound heart, spleen + X-ray abdomen. Again, I said let’s see what the meds do first before we torment her further.

It is infrequent, but usually 3 times in a row, maybe 2-4 times per day, and more likely those times are overnight.

She’s lost a few pounds, eating a bit erratically, but still eating every day.

Coming up on 14 years old next month.

Here she is pretending to be Carnie Wilson in every Wilson-Phillips video.
View attachment 744771
No heartworm or anything parasitic?
I know that some illnesses related to parasites can be nasty.
can do a lot of damage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom