The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Oh yes, so very dangerous. So many people injured or killed because of falling trees or limbs, over the years.
We did our level best to stay away from any problems with such.
That is one eerie sound, indeed.
I recall back in the day when bumper stickers were the thing. I remember station wagons have stickers " I climbed MT Washington ". When I vacationed in La Paz, Bolivia ( 13K ft above sea level ) our tourist vehicle climbed Cerro Chacaltaya to the top through winding roads with no guard rails to 17.5K ft above sea level to the simple mountain refuge where the staff lived . Then we walked to the top of the summit to get to 18K ft above sea level. Even though I acclimated to the high altitude by chewing on coca leaves and drinking coca tea frequently in previous days, I was still out of gas in my lungs when we hit the summit.
My daughter went to college in Colorado Springs. While there we took our rental car and went to the top of Pikes Peak. It's really hard to catch your breath up there at 14,110 ft. That didn't compare to the difficulty breathing everyone had on the way back down. Miles of winding road with shear drops over the edge and not a single guardrail in sight. I had fun with it, but my passengers were not impressed. 😨🤭

Lilofan

That is one eerie sound, indeed.

My daughter went to college in Colorado Springs. While there we took our rental car and went to the top of Pikes Peak. It's really hard to catch your breath up there at 14,110 ft. That didn't compare to the difficulty breathing everyone had on the way back down. Miles of winding road with shear drops over the edge and not a single guardrail in sight. I had fun with it, but my passengers were not impressed. 😨🤭
In regards to high elevations one item that was told to me when I visited high altitude La Paz Bolivia was that cockroaches cannot survive in high altitude surroundings. I believe it when I never saw any on my vacation.

Goofyernmost

Which brought up a question in my constantly deviating mind. If as the say there a trillions of Cockroaches on the planet where are all the carcusses hiding out. I know there are to many to kill off the species but individuals don't live forever. I don't remember ever seeing one ever.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Which brought up a question in my constantly deviating mind. If as the say there a trillions of Cockroaches on the planet where are all the carcusses hiding out. I know there are to many to kill off the species but individuals don't live forever. I don't remember ever seeing one ever.
Maybe they are a canabalistic species ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom