The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So much for getting the guys up to do yard work or go to the farm market. It's pouring, please return arc or send wine either will work
Dh just got up
DH: Are we going to the farm market?
Me: No
DH: Why not
Me: We don't need anything and it's pouring
DH: But what about, names a bunch of assorted veggies
Me: I already have your food for next week sorted out
DH: I was hoping to get some fresh broccoli for salad
Me: I steamed and froze some for you for next week
DH: Why would you do that
Me: Because you're getting surgery Tuesday and have to eat soft foods for a week
DH: Then you can just steam it
Me: Goes looking for rum

wdwfan4ver

Really want to blow someone's mind on the poor logic of the restrictions: I used to be the sober driver once I got my license at 16. So if my friends decided to drink at a party I'd make sure they got home before the sun was up and parents awake. Yes I know we weren't angels lol. Legally I wouldn't have been allowed to do that, even being sober, I would have had my license suspended for driving outside approved hours.
I am not a bit surprised. I graduated from high school back in the 1990s and I did hear drinking behavior that the classmates did. Social media didn't exist meaning there was no proof if you weren't there. I think those students didn't drive back home due to the condition they were in based on what I was told at the time or they stayed over the night.

I said told because I was not at any underage drinking events. I was told as school by classmates. I had no desire to go to underage drinking events and my parents wouldn't allow me to anyway. I did not drink alcohol before I turned 21.

Keep in mind I am from Wisconsin and the drinks laws are screwed up for decades. Wisconsin is known for its drinking.

In Wisconsin, law states you can't drink before turning 21, but there is a loophole. People under the age of 21 accompanied by a parent, guardian, or spouse of legal drinking age may be sold or served alcohol beverages in any licensed premises such as bars and restaurants. People under the age of 21 also are allowed to drink alcohol at a private residence if they are accompanied by a parent, and guardian. The catch is underage drinking parties were still not supposed happen despite that loophole.

Based on these loopholes I mentioned, people under the age of 21 are not supposed to drive after drinking alcohol. The thing is Wisconsin's driving laws for minors under 18 or for first 9 months as a driver. Wisconsin only allows 1 passenger in a car outside your intermediate family or qualified adult. The other rule is no diving from midnight to 5 in the morning, unless the minor is traveling home and school or work. Those rules for the first 9 months as a driver can be extended till the person turns 18.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Watching the UEFA champions league final. UEFA is an organization like the Olympic committee.

Lying about why fans can't get into the stadium and saying fans are late.

Also interesting to see the sun set at 930pm.
So they held fans on one side instead of allowing them in on time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom