The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

We get ours changed at the beginning of allergy season and sometimes again before Labor Day depending on how bad the spring season was. This year they'll be done again before ragweed season
I wish there was an outside filter to catch the lovebugs before they latch onto and affect the front car paint job. If one keeps up with cleaning your front grill and bumper daily with bug spray cleaner from the auto parts store, one can save the car paint but I know that's not realistic. Some buy the not so good looking car bra to help with the love bugs but it changes the look of your vehicle.

Goofyernmost

After about a year, every year , my cabin air filters are black and I change them. If you've never replaced a cabin air filter in the last several years in your car, surprised your AC is still running efficiently and or what you are breathing in through the dashboard vents is not good for your lungs .
What amazed me was how large the stuff was that collected there. Debris that should never get past the physical air vent openings just below the wipers. Most could have been avoided with simple screening like they did for years. But, then I guess if they had then they couldn't sell more "cabin air filters". $30.00 in my car.

Figgy1

Premium Member
What amazed me was how large the stuff was that collected there. Debris that should never get past the physical air vent openings just below the wipers. Most could have been avoided with simple screening like they did for years. But, then I guess if they had then they couldn't sell more "cabin air filters". $30.00 in my car.
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in the woods and at most ours have never had more than dirt/dust and pollen on them. Pollen the other reason I won't touch them

Goofyernmost

EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in the woods and at most ours have never had more than dirt/dust and pollen on them. Pollen the other reason I won't touch them
My apartment building has a lot of interesting landscaping including some trees (?) with small leaves that seem to shed year round. The leaves are about 3/4 in. long and about about 3/8 in. wide. The cabin filter literally packs them in and you don't know it until you take out the filter. I understand about allergies, but as far as pollen goes it doesn't aim itself to that filter, there are many other places that pollen can enter a car, Cars are not even water tight much less air tight. I'm not sure if those filters are there for any reason other then another money grabber for the car companies. I'm sure it helps somewhat, but I doubt it is a lot.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My apartment building has a lot of interesting landscaping including some trees (?) with small leaves that seem to shed year round. The leaves are about 3/4 in. long and about about 3/8 in. wide. The cabin filter literally packs them in and you don't know it until you take out the filter. I understand about allergies, but as far as pollen goes it doesn't aim itself to that filter, there are many other places that pollen can enter a car, Cars are not even water tight much less air tight. I'm not sure if those filters are there for any reason other then another money grabber for the car companies. I'm sure it helps somewhat, but I doubt it is a lot.
I suspect they do help somewhat as I can tell when they need to be changed. Achoo;)

donaldtoo

After about a year, every year , my cabin air filters are black and I change them. If you've never replaced a cabin air filter in the last several years in your car, surprised your AC is still running efficiently and or what you are breathing in through the dashboard vents is not good for your lungs .

My current ride is an ‘03 Chevy Malibu. It doesn’t have a cabin air filter. It has a plastic mesh that keeps leaves and other debris from entering the HVAC system.
And, on that note…

268B5B53-4133-41FD-8F8D-71F1276023DE.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
I’ve replaced many a car engine air filter over the years, but, never a cabin air filter…just never thought about it, and how long have those actually been a thing…?! 🤔
Replacing a car engine air filter takes all of 10 secs., as does the filter for our home central heat and air.

Just Googled car cabin filters…

View attachment 640698
Oh you should have seen mine a few months ago that we took out. It had been a year. It was nasty!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom