The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

It's actually very easy now that everything is digital. That said I keep both a digital hand hard copy of receipts for big ticket items along with their paperwork
I don't do that with groceries because I pay with a debit card and I always take a receipt whenever I purchase anything other than with cash (which I very seldom do). I use an old Quicken program that has every purchase I have made and every deposit since 2001. If I use a credit card I keep it and match it when the statement is released to be sure I know what the charge was for and record it when I pay the card balance. I'm OCD about finances. I know how much money I've deposited, in what account, every thing I charge on every CC.

The Peanut Butter I purchased at BJ's on the BJ Credit card so I have that receipt. Fortunately, I didn't need it because the numbers on my jars are not on the list. After I pay the statement I keep a hard copy for a few months and then shred them. I just feel better having a hard copy for a while. I keep Income Tax filings stuff for 10 years. A habit I developed when I owned the nursing home.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I don't do that with groceries because I pay with a debit card and I always take a receipt whenever I purchase anything other than with cash (which I very seldom do). I use an old Quicken program that has every purchase I have made and every deposit since 2001. If I use a credit card I keep it and match it when the statement is released to be sure I know what the charge was for and record it when I pay the card balance. I'm OCD about finances. I know how much money I've deposited, in what account, every thing I charge on every CC.

The Peanut Butter I purchased at BJ's on the BJ Credit card so I have that receipt. Fortunately, I didn't need it because the numbers on my jars are not on the list. After I pay the statement I keep a hard copy for a few months and then shred them. I just feel better having a hard copy for a while. I keep Income Tax filings stuff for 10 years. A habit I developed when I owned the nursing home.
It doesn't matter how we pay as most stores send a digital copy of the receipt when you tap in with a store card or app. I'm not fond of paper receipts from the grocery store as they're taller than I am

Lilofan

It's funny how 90 in Florida a couple weeks ago was great but almost 90 yesterday was horrible. According to my phone....it was 87 here.
Good idea to check / change AC filter in home and cabin air filter in car to ensure AC working optimally. The Honda car cabin air filter the dealer charges is robbery $100 out the door with taxes and shop fees ( $30 for filter , $60 for labor ) for less than a 2 min job. DIY for $30. Thanks You Tube!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good idea to check / change AC filter in home and cabin air filter in car to ensure AC working optimally. The Honda car cabin air filter the dealer charges is robbery $100 out the door with taxes and shop fees ( $30 for filter , $60 for labor ) for less than a 2 min job. DIY for $30. Thanks You Tube!
Still wayyy too complicated and dirty for me. I pay somebody else to do it:angelic:

Lilofan

Still wayyy too complicated and dirty for me. I pay somebody else to do it:angelic:
It’s not so bad. Drop the passenger glove box, take out old filter , put in new one, easy peasy. But don’t snap the plastic clips that hold the glove box and that’s not a cheap part to replace. Some family thought they could DIY in other items, made it worse than called/ paid handyman to assist.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It’s not so bad. Drop the passenger glove box, take out old filter , put in new one, easy peasy. But don’t snap the plastic clips that hold the glove box and that’s not a cheap part to replace. Some family thought they could DIY in other items, made it worse than called/ paid handyman to assist.
Yeah no it's not worth chipping my gel polish;)

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
My jeep renegade is much harder. Have to remove tons of screws, remove light connection, glove box, then more screws then the filter. It takes awhile.
My old Cavalier was much easier!

StarWarsGirl

Peanut Butter is a staple in my house. I am as reliant on it as some, who's name shall not be mentioned, are on coffee. If any of my grandkids had been allergic I would have had to disown them. Just kidding (I think)
My grandma spent the night one time and was very shocked to find we have no peanut butter in the house. When we go stay with my aunt, my aunt purges her house of all the stuff I'm allergic to (she has a grandson who lives next door and comes over to eat...and he definitely wouldn't be careful about cross contaminating) so my grandma has to go next door for her peanut butter if she wants it that badly.

We don't automatically ban things I'm allergic to, but basically, it has to not cross contaminate with my food. If it cross contaminates or otherwise cause a problem, then it gets banned. Peanut butter got banned after my dad kept sticking the knife he uses for peanut butter in the grape jelly (which I eat). Mom finally decided that was it for the peanut butter. If my brother wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he gets an uncrustable, throws away the wrapper, and immediately puts his plate in the dishwasher.

Fresh pineapple is also banned; my mom only gets is precut and seals it in a container, and she only eats it when I'm not around. My dad was buying this pineapple pancake mix in Hawaii. That was banned when he used the same spatula for the pineapple pancakes on the regular pancakes.

My dad can have candy with nuts in it, but he has to keep it in his office. My mom buys pecans sometimes but eats them outside and keeps them sealed inside.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You need to do a book of your pictures. They’re really good.
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom