The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Back from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

There were some better parts and other bad parts.
Parts from Sonic alone and with teamed with the other characters were nice.
Parts of robotnic were superb as always.
But the parts of the humans were sometimes very cringy, specially the main characters.
Ironically... the parts with Sonic's family were super cringy.
And the most hilarious parts were actually with the wife's sister.

Action wise it was very good. But... they added too much of the bad parts and rushed the good ones too much.

The final post-credit scenes was nice!
I still wonder if Jim Carrey will ever repeat since there are rumours he's retiring.

I give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Figgy1

Back from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

There were some better parts and other bad parts.
Parts from Sonic alone and with teamed with the other characters were nice.
Parts of robotnic were superb as always.
But the parts of the humans were sometimes very cringy, specially the main characters.
Ironically... the parts with Sonic's family were super cringy.
And the most hilarious parts were actually with the wife's sister.

Action wise it was very good. But... they added too much of the bad parts and rushed the good ones too much.

The final post-credit scenes was nice!
I still wonder if Jim Carrey will ever repeat since there are rumours he's retiring.

I give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.
I've read the producers said Jim Carrey's will not be recast should he be serious about retiring

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Long day, but, we got MIL moved into her new place just down the street. The wind was vicious drivin’ that U-Haul on the way home, though.
She’s just so darn happy to be back near us…!!! :)
Congratulations to her on her new home, near the family. That was nice how you all pitched in to help her out (including, of course, Emy, who did the official "run through" inspection)!!! :hilarious:

I really loved the welcoming wreath on the front door -- that was a very special touch by your daughters.

Lastly, sorry that you cut your hand. I know that any time I've moved, I've always ended up with cuts and bruises, too. Moving is a bear. 🐻

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I just found out that Dancing With the Stars (one of my favorite shows) is leaving the ABC Network after 30 years -- and the Disney+ network is going to broadcast it. :( Many people without cable or satellite, or streaming, have enjoyed it on ABC for many years and now unless they have Disney+, they won't be able to see it anymore. Not pleased with this new move by Disney. I'm not buying Disney+.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So I just found out that Dancing With the Stars (one of my favorite shows) is leaving the ABC Network after 30 years -- and the Disney+ network is going to broadcast it. :( Many people without cable or satellite, or streaming, have enjoyed it on ABC for many years and now unless they have Disney+, they won't be able to see it anymore. Not pleased with this new move by Disney. I'm not buying Disney+.

Good news for us as we can't get any ABC programming here .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good news for us as we can't get any ABC programming here .
I'm happy for you, that Disney+ has offered the show as an option for our friends overseas like yourself, who cannot get our network channels. For citizens here, it wasn't needed -- our network, ABC, did a fine job broadcasting the show for everyone, for 30 years.

If a streaming service has their own original shows, then people should pay extra for that service, such as Disney+.

However, in the case of a 30-year program ( Dancing with the Stars), that's been only shown on public access TV station, ABC, the show is now being taken away from us. I think Disney owns the ABC Network now, and that's how they got control over this popular show and took it away. :(

donaldtoo

Congratulations to her on her new home, near the family. That was nice how you all pitched in to help her out (including, of course, Emy, who did the official "run through" inspection)!!! :hilarious:

I really loved the welcoming wreath on the front door -- that was a very special touch by your daughters.

Lastly, sorry that you cut your hand. I know that any time I've moved, I've always ended up with cuts and bruises, too. Moving is a bear. 🐻

Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
She has a lot of family here that love her, and, again, talking with her today, she’s just glad to be here. Let’s just say living in Houston with BIL wasn’t an ideal situation.

Our girls love her very much. She’s a good woman that’s been through a lot over the years, and they just want her not to worry about things so much anymore.

In regards to the latter…I’ve never helped with a move wearing flip flops before, and now I know why…
I got one caught on the end of the ramp on the back of the truck and took a dive all the way from the truck deck to the driveway below.
I think the only reason I wasn’t injured worse was because I landed pretty flat. I had a nose bleed for about 20 mins. (I can’t even remember the last time I had one), pretty much destroyed my glasses (cheaters), scraped both knees, jacked up my thumb, left shoulder, etc. Even after all that, I still drove the truck back to Austin in high winds…!!!!! :hilarious:
Only went to a local clinic today because Carolyn and the girls insisted. Just got back a little bit ago.
They only seemed to be concerned about the shoulder. Took 4 x-rays. More pain with that, of course. Will get results tomorrow.
Other than feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck :D, I appear to be OK…!!!!! 😂🤣

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
She has a lot of family here that love her, and, again, talking with her today, she’s just glad to be here. Let’s just say living in Houston with BIL wasn’t an ideal situation.

Our girls love her very much. She’s a good woman that’s been through a lot over the years, and they just want her not to worry about things so much anymore.

In regards to the latter…I’ve never helped with a move wearing flip flops before, and now I know why…
I got one caught on the end of the ramp on the back of the truck and took a dive all the way from the truck deck to the driveway below.
I think the only reason I wasn’t injured worse was because I landed pretty flat. I had a nose bleed for about 20 mins. (I can’t even remember the last time I had one), pretty much destroyed my glasses (cheaters), scraped both knees, jacked up my thumb, left shoulder, etc. Even after all that, I still drove the truck back to Austin in high winds…!!!!! :hilarious:
Only went to a local clinic today because Carolyn and the girls insisted. Just got back a little bit ago.
They only seemed to be concerned about the shoulder. Took 4 x-rays. More pain with that, of course. Will get results tomorrow.
Other than feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck :D, I appear to be OK…!!!!! 😂🤣
Hoping the x-rays don't show any damage, other than maybe some inflammation from muscle strains, etc. Maybe taking some Advil (if you can normally take that), might help to calm down the muscles and nerve endings. Let's hope you're feeling better by tomorrow, and good luck with the shoulder, with only minor injury/discomfort.

donaldtoo

Hoping the x-rays don't show any damage, other than maybe some inflammation from muscle strains, etc. Maybe taking some Advil (if you can normally take that), might help to calm down the muscles and nerve endings. Let's hope you're feeling better by tomorrow, and good luck with the shoulder, with only minor injury/discomfort.

Thanks again, Minnie…!!! :)
Carolyn is at her moms place now, but is going to pickup a prescribed anti-inflammatory for me. Hopefully that helps. In the meantime, I’ve just been taking some aspirin.
I was ordered to just chill and relax…but, again, it’s hard to do when you’re so sore…!!!!! :in pain::hilarious:

donaldtoo

Emmy was so concerned for me yesterday. They didn’t go to Houston with us, but, they met us at Mimi Shirley’s new digs, to help get her moved in.
It was just so cute, she was so concerned for her silly ol’ Pappy…something along these lines…!!!!! :hilarious::inlove::happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom