The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
l loved the CB era. I had one in my van and loved to listen to the truckers.
Years ago, I recall hearing about the CB radios. (I never knew anyone who drove a truck, but heard that those radios were a big thing back then.)

Question: what do the trucking people use now, if not the CB radios, to communicate with one another out on the roads?

Goofyernmost

Years ago, I recall hearing about the CB radios. (I never knew anyone who drove a truck, but heard that those radios were a big thing back then.)

Question: what do the trucking people use now, if not the CB radios, to communicate with one another out on the roads?
I don't know for sure. I figured that it was the general public that tired of them, but I would think that CB's are still popular with truckers. There are a large selection of CB radios sold on Amazon. Even though it was fun, generally we didn't speak on the radio that much. We listened for Smokey reports or accidents ahead and sometimes responded if we had anything clever to add. It was a thing that kept us alert when driving. Now with high quality sound systems and hands free phone setups in our cars, one more thing squawking in our ears would probably be a negative.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

We had one in our Chevy Camper Special back in the day. I don’t remember what my pops “handle” was, but, we mostly kept it on channel 19 to listen to the truckers and keep up with the “Smokey” report…!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom