The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

My work caught on fire today from the inside due to one of the contractors welding. Was outside for a good 40 minutes only to come back in and see guests complaining that they couldnt buy anything "because they had to evacuate due to some stupid fire". Sorry.
Wow....of all the things to be upset about. How DARE your business suffer a fire when they want to shop!!? Can't you just plan these disasters around their day so they aren't inconvenienced?

Figgy1

To late, I'm scheduled for it in May. They said it was simple and might required a two day stay in the hospital and then can go home and resume a normal schedule. Sounds a little too good. If it is so simple what is the need for two days in the hospital?
I'm sorry to hear that! My guess is because your insurance will cover that;) or it could just be a precaution so you can resume normal activities upon release

MinnieM123

Premium Member
To late, I'm scheduled for it in May. They said it was simple and might required a two day stay in the hospital and then can go home and resume a normal schedule. Sounds a little too good. If it is so simple what is the need for two days in the hospital?
Haven't any experience with that procedure, nor do I know anyone who has. Have you (casually) looked up in Google any patient reviews of this? (Some reviews you could probably take with a grain of salt, but you might sometimes find a pattern of consistency, if some reviews slant in a particular way. ) Best wishes for your upcoming procedure.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually, they all have “Sand Rooms” instead of “Mud Rooms”, to take care of that. Also, most are vacation homes that are also rented out, so a lot of beach time.
Several have elevators, or storage closets that can be converted into elevators in the future.
Also, bunk rooms.
Most also have a golf/beach cart garage, and at least 1-2 other covered car/truck/SUV ;) parking garages/porticos, and 2-3 on site “guest” parking spaces.
Many of these homes can sleep up to about 16 people, or more…not including other furniture that can also be slept in/on…!!!!! :hilarious:

The place we stayed at in Surfside, Texas last August is definitely dwarfed by the house I posted, but, it still had many similar amenities.
The lift to the main floor deck (which was a Godsend for my 85-year-old MIL), the 6-seater golf/beach cart, the provided corn hole game, etc.
Awesome times…!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 629532View attachment 629530View attachment 629531
My goodness, that's a whole different world from what I live in! :hilarious: One thing that really caught my attention was the elevator in a beach house. (Then again, I could see the benefit for any disabled guest.)

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry to hear that! My guess is because your insurance will cover that;) or it could just be a precaution so you can resume normal activities upon release
Can't be that as far as the time concerned, this is happening at the VA Medical Center in Durham. The area of the neck is very close to where the spinal cord attaches to the brain. It seems to me that there might be a lot of room for error there. Hopefully it is the latter and they just want to be sure there wasn't any oops to deal with.

StarWarsGirl

How is everybody coping today?
Well, yesterday, I came home from my six month allergist appointment, and B asked me if I'd gotten another cat. 🤣 He was really hoping.

I'm finally sleeping through the night, albeit with a Benadryl assist. Jasmine played a bit yesterday, which was good. She decided to be a charmer when my grandfather stopped by.

Cesar R M

Boss idiocy of the day.

Boss is complaining that some staff is asking him(the boss) to create accounts for the staff.
He says I should take over (or the other manager as well).
I guess he forgot that he loved to set himself as "owner" of almost every single site/app the company uses. And some of these site/apps do not allow other admins accounts. Therefore we have to rely on HIS account.
Accounts.... which he most of the time, he refuses to give access to :|
:banghead:

EDIT.
To clarify, the boss has been with his "on and off" behaviour going to vacations, visiting family, etc.. he is rarely available on the site apart from some short bursts. Now today found he had 4 staff asking him to grant access or give ownership to third parties. And all of them he had set himself as owner. Thus nobody but him could make the changes :rolleyes: .
And of course, in all 4 of these, he complained the other staff should have been doing this. How can we do it if you're the sole owner and you do not share a main account? XD

monstersuniversity_the****.jpg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Boss idiocy of the day.

Boss is complaining that some staff is asking him(the boss) to create accounts for the staff.
He says I should take over (or the other manager as well).
I guess he forgot that he loved to set himself as "owner" of almost every single site/app the company uses. And some of these site/apps do not allow other admins accounts. Therefore we have to rely on HIS account.
Accounts.... which he most of the time, he refuses to give access to :|
:banghead:

View attachment 629659
frying pan lol GIF by Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom