The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Your dad is right in some cases for pencil and paper, but this is not one of them due to you taking an online class. You can accuse me of showing my age some. Your dad was a teenager when my parents got married.

The teachers I had in High school were are now either dead, late 40s-early 50s, or retired I am mentioning this because most of my high school teachers were born in the late 1930s, or in the 1940s to late 1950s. I did not have a lot of teachers in general that were born in the 1960s or after.

My era was the ending of teaching to type by using a typerwriter. Your dad was a teenager when my parents got married. When I was senior in High school, the High school I went to first had the internet. It was the dial up type modem.

Back when I was in high school, some teachers told me not to use a pencil and paper for doing a report/essay. Those teachers wanted me to type at on word processing program that my computer at home had. Teachers did that to me because of how tough it can be for reading my writing due to my poor hand coordination. They knew I had a computer at home. I had some teachers though that wanted me to use pencil and paper despite my writing. It depended on the teacher. It could've completely changed by now.
The key to this whole dilemma is one word and that is the word "Compose". It is the two other words that work with it. The first is type, which is what was happening with the laptop, however, the word "write" is to manually transfer the composition to paper. So he was making a classic Dad joke, but it was missed because this generation has changed the meaning of the word write to mean both composing and typing.

I think he was not actually living in the past but expressing how fractured technology has made the English language.

Figgy1

We spent the evenin’ at the kiddos house. Daniel turns 32 tomorrow and is also goin’ back to not workin’ from home full-time tomorrow. He earned another promotion and raise and will work from a coupla’ different locations throughout the week.
He is now THE boss of his IT section.
We ate chain pizza, had an amazingly good vegan birthday cake that Megan and Emmy baked with an incredible orange zest icing, gave Daniel a new grill, and had some awesome family time…!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 628991View attachment 628992View attachment 628993View attachment 628994View attachment 628995View attachment 628996View attachment 628997View attachment 628998
Happy Birthday Party GIF by zoommer
To your SIL

Cesar R M

We spent the evenin’ at the kiddos house. Daniel turns 32 tomorrow and is also goin’ back to not workin’ from home full-time tomorrow. He earned another promotion and raise and will work from a coupla’ different locations throughout the week.
He is now THE boss of his IT section.
We ate chain pizza, had an amazingly good vegan birthday cake that Megan and Emmy baked with an incredible orange zest icing, gave Daniel a new grill, and had some awesome family time…!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 628991View attachment 628992View attachment 628993View attachment 628994View attachment 628995View attachment 628996View attachment 628997View attachment 628998
They sure look proud of their new baby (the new BBQ lol )

Songbird76

SO ****ED NOW!!!

Ebay sent me a package I have been waiting since January.
Seller contacted ebay and they said the package was lost, and I should step up to get my refund.
Those clowns of ebays are asking ME to contact the shipping company (which of course I cant get any info because it was bought by ebay services!!! )
Now the package says "Attempted delivery". Which is bull. They have been trying to offhand the package to a third party company which refused the package. Attempted delivery is NOT "DELIVERED"

Had to rant.

Worse? The stupid clown of ebay customer service is telling me I have to "fill a form" to get my refund.
He did not even give me any link at all.
bonus points, he instantly closed my report claiming I should get the package from the shipping company ? ***?? and that Ebay can't help me.
Can you contact the seller directly to get the refund? It's weird that the seller knows it's lost and tells ebay to refund your money, but then ebay refuses to do that and tries to get you to contact the shipping company? Something's not right there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom