The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Excuse me! That is a question, not an answer! 😉 Yup, I have a medical problem that is taking massive number of Doctor's appointments in the process of figuring out what it might be. I am having difficulty walking. Unintentional gate as well as unsure balance along with partially numb hands. I can still drive but I need valet parking at procedure hospitals because otherwise I have to attempt to walk to far. This has come on suddenly and without time to get a parking permit. The current guess is spinal stenosis in multiple locations in my spine. That may be fixable, but there are some other things that it might be and those do not have a rosy prognosis.
I'm saddened to hear of your recent medical problems and were hoping your kids were taking you to a fancy schmancy place just because. I sincerely hope your issue turns out to be nothing serious and can be quickly resolved To answer your question I'd tip at least 3 or 4 dollars coming and going maybe a bit more if you're going to frequent the place so you get excellent service. IMHO the tip should equal at least what a parking space in the area would cost. That is if there is no fee for the valet. If there is a fee for using the valet no less than 3 each point of service and no less than 10% if the fee. Half before/half later but no less than 3 each time. Also make sure there are no valuables in your car just in case. I hope that helps

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm saddened to hear of your recent medical problems and were hoping your kids were taking you to a fancy schmancy place just because. I sincerely hope your issue turns out to be nothing serious and can be quickly resolved To answer your question I'd tip at least 3 or 4 dollars coming and going maybe a bit more if you're going to frequent the place so you get excellent service. IMHO the tip should equal at least what a parking space in the area would cost. That is if there is no fee for the valet. If there is a fee for using the valet no less than 3 each point of service and no less than 10% if the fee. Half before/half later but no less than 3 each time. Also make sure there are no valuables in your car just in case. I hope that helps
Is he visiting a hospital in Joisey ?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I might come across sounding like a hick from the sticks and I'm sure that to some degree that is true, however one thing that I have never taken part in is valet parking. Never found the need to use it, so I am going to ask you traveled and probably more cultured folks what the etiquette is for that. I'm pretty sure that tipping and payment is called for, but when does that happen? When you arrive or when you leave or both? What is a common tip amount? As I've gotten older I am anticipating a need and don't want to short change anyone or overpay out of ignorance. Your help is needed!

We have had to use valet parking a few times, my husband has taken care of the tip so I don't know how much but we have always tipped at the end with the return of our car.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I might come across sounding like a hick from the sticks and I'm sure that to some degree that is true, however one thing that I have never taken part in is valet parking. Never found the need to use it, so I am going to ask you traveled and probably more cultured folks what the etiquette is for that. I'm pretty sure that tipping and payment is called for, but when does that happen? When you arrive or when you leave or both? What is a common tip amount? As I've gotten older I am anticipating a need and don't want to short change anyone or overpay out of ignorance. Your help is needed!
Aside of Figgy's good tip suggestions, I just wanted to mention that (depending upon the particular valet business), there are some valet services that post a flat rate. (There may be a sign posted, or a sandwich board right where you'd drop off your car for the valet.) I've seen this in the city for some restaurants, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom