The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Question: Does anyone else have Chrome, and if so are you having problems with the screen going black (sometimes just by moving the mouse) and long pauses until it comes back and also a serious freeze up problems? I've had to go back to Firefox which is acting normally.
Chrome has been working absolutely fine for me on both my work and personal devices. You can try uninstalling it and reinstalling it and see if that helps.

FutureCEO

Question: Does anyone else have Chrome, and if so are you having problems with the screen going black (sometimes just by moving the mouse) and long pauses until it comes back and also a serious freeze up problems? I've had to go back to Firefox which is acting normally.

Firefox on my phone is a problem for me. The website doesn't like me typing into it.

Cesar R M

Chrome has been working absolutely fine for me on both my work and personal devices. You can try uninstalling it and reinstalling it and see if that helps.
Chrome hardware acceleration borks from time to time.
So my recommendation would be just disable HARDWARE ACCELERATION.
If its consistent, it means the video card might be having issues with drivers or is kicking the bucket.

Goofyernmost

Chrome hardware acceleration borks from time to time.
So my recommendation would be just disable HARDWARE ACCELERATION.
If its consistent, it means the video card might be having issues with drivers or is kicking the bucket.
At the risk of showing my ignorance in this area, if it were a video card wouldn't it be happening on every engine? And where would I find this hardware acceleration option?

Cesar R M

At the risk of showing my ignorance in this area, if it were a video card wouldn't it be happening on every engine? And where would I find this hardware acceleration option?
No, as every engine behaves differently.
Firefox uses one engine, Chrome and Edge uses another, Internet Explorer, Safari uses others.

And they behave differently on the drivers too.
My take would be drivers.
As for disabling acceleration..

Goofyernmost

No, as every engine behaves differently.
Firefox uses one engine, Chrome and Edge uses another, Internet Explorer, Safari uses others.

And they behave differently on the drivers too.
My take would be drivers.
As for disabling acceleration..

Thanks, I found it just before you answered and I disabled it. Right now it is fine, but should there be a time where I reactivate it, or just go with it for now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom