The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That makes some landscaping guys we know who work up North happy. They have no income during the winter and earn while plowing the parking lots and residential driveways when snow falls.
Many of the plow guys make some serious bank in winter. And this year, they may make even more, as there is a shortage of them. ( It's really competitive, as the cities have more $ to pay them, than some smaller towns, for example. Some of the larger businesses also have the extra $ to lock in contracts.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The weather people have been going back and forth all day between snow, an inch of snow with a glaze of ice and all ice. Emergency food has been cooked and Mount Laundry has been blasted through so my guess is snow
My bro managed to avoid ice/snow on roads when he drove up from NC to see us on Christmas. That afternoon he drove out to Western MA to my other brother's house, and avoided inclement weather as well.

Got an email from him at 1:34 AM today, and he's now home in NC. I responded back that I was glad he made it home safely, and that he was kinda like Mr. Magoo with his luck, bypassing any road icing! :joyfull:

Oh, Figgy, I wanted to mention that on his drive up here, he was in your exquisite state of New Jersey, on the NJ Turnpike, before heading for the George Washington Bridge into NY. Did you see him wave to you? :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
My bro managed to avoid ice/snow on roads when he drove up from NC to see us on Christmas. That afternoon he drove out to Western MA to my other brother's house, and avoided inclement weather as well.

Got an email from him at 1:34 AM today, and he's now home in NC. I responded back that I was glad he made it home safely, and that he was kinda like Mr. Magoo with his luck, bypassing any road icing! :joyfull:

Oh, Figgy, I wanted to mention that on his drive up here, he was in your exquisite state of New Jersey, on the NJ Turnpike, before heading for the George Washington Bridge into NY. Did you see him wave to you? :p
I hope he saw me waving back

Lilofan

Many of the plow guys make some serious bank in winter. And this year, they may make even more, as there is a shortage of them. ( It's really competitive, as the cities have more $ to pay them, than some smaller towns, for example. Some of the larger businesses also have the extra $ to lock in contracts.)
I recall that the tons of salt sprayed on the roads can wreck havoc on your under body of the car and rust out the body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom