The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

Well, it was just about killing me to not ring anything up on a Saturday.

So, I put the word out on social media, went to meet a customer by appointment at noon, and the phone kept ringing, so I ended up staying until 3pm. It was nowhere near what we would normally ring on a Saturday, but certainly better than nothing. The "You saved Christmas" comments didn't hurt, either. And I got a jump on shipping the online orders, even though they can't go out until Monday. (We sold over 50 orders on Amazon and some on our own site as well. I kept adding more stuff to sell on Amazon from home lol. Going to have to go in early today to catch up again.)

Brian also got out of work around 3, I cooked, we ate, he passed out. Actually, he passed out while I was cooking, we ate, then he passed out again.

Thought I might go to my other store for an evening version of the first paragraph, but I was beat. In bed early.

Today will be nuts - exchanges, gift cards, holiday money spending...still a busy week ahead, about the same as last week.

I should take a nap.

Figgy1

Premium Member

So, I put the word out on social media, went to meet a customer by appointment at noon, and the phone kept ringing, so I ended up staying until 3pm. It was nowhere near what we would normally ring on a Saturday, but certainly better than nothing. The "You saved Christmas" comments didn't hurt, either. And I got a jump on shipping the online orders, even though they can't go out until Monday. (We sold over 50 orders on Amazon and some on our own site as well. I kept adding more stuff to sell on Amazon from home lol. Going to have to go in early today to catch up again.)

Brian also got out of work around 3, I cooked, we ate, he passed out. Actually, he passed out while I was cooking, we ate, then he passed out again.

Thought I might go to my other store for an evening version of the first paragraph, but I was beat. In bed early.

Today will be nuts - exchanges, gift cards, holiday money spending...still a busy week ahead, about the same as last week.

I should take a nap.
Good luck

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Haven't drank it in years but I enjoy every December when Friendly's comes out with their limited edition egg nog ice cream at the supermarket! A half gallon costs less than 2 scoops at the local ice cream shop.

My husband's uncle makes the eggnog for the family gathering each year. He buys eggnog ice cream (I don't know if it is Friendly's though), adds rum and blends it up and then tops it with some fresh ground nutmeg.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I should take a nap.

I'm happy your sales are going so well and I hope it continues for you. How is B's schooling going? Is he doing any training in a hospital or clinic yet?

Tony the Tigger

I'm happy your sales are going so well and I hope it continues for you. How is B's schooling going? Is he doing any training in a hospital or clinic yet?
(Sigh.) sore spot.

He's 16 months into the accelerated 18 month program, and I just found out the school is Federally accredited for nursing, but only State accredited for their other healthcare programs (not nursing, which they just started doing because of increased demand in the pandemic.)

So...apparently hospitals don't want these particular students to do their clinicals there.

They are "working on getting State accredited." I don't know what that means.

From what I understand, he will still be able to sit for the State test, so I'm not sure what to make of it. A good friend of mine is a surgeon in Miami, and he said they'll hire anybody right now and not to worry about it, so I'm not worrying about it. I really don't want him working in a hospital, anyway, under current circumstances. A small, lower traffic office somewhere is what I'm hoping he ends up getting. He thinks he's traveling all over the place to make extra money. I said you have to know what you're doing first!

Tony the Tigger

Nevermind worrying about working in the hospital, working in Margaritaville today: a guy who worked with B all day yesterday (stationed about 10 feet away) called out sick today to get tested, feeling "covid-y." And his manager left early today for the same reason.

He just got home and I'm going to work, so that's probably good for my sanity.

We're both triple vaxxed as of only two months ago, so immunity should be high. I'm staying the heck away from him just in case.

Probably can't find any rapid tests, but I'll check on my way to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom