The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nevermind worrying about working in the hospital, working in Margaritaville today: a guy who worked with B all day yesterday (stationed about 10 feet away) called out sick today to get tested, feeling "covid-y." And his manager left early today for the same reason.

He just got home and I'm going to work, so that's probably good for my sanity.

We're both triple vaxxed as of only two months ago, so immunity should be high. I'm staying the heck away from him just in case.

Probably can't find any rapid tests, but I'll check on my way to work.
Sending negative thoughts your way.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
(Sigh.) sore spot.

He's 16 months into the accelerated 18 month program, and I just found out the school is Federally accredited for nursing, but only State accredited for their other healthcare programs (not nursing, which they just started doing because of increased demand in the pandemic.)

So...apparently hospitals don't want these particular students to do their clinicals there.

They are "working on getting State accredited." I don't know what that means.

From what I understand, he will still be able to sit for the State test, so I'm not sure what to make of it. A good friend of mine is a surgeon in Miami, and he said they'll hire anybody right now and not to worry about it, so I'm not worrying about it. I really don't want him working in a hospital, anyway, under current circumstances. A small, lower traffic office somewhere is what I'm hoping he ends up getting. He thinks he's traveling all over the place to make extra money. I said you have to know what you're doing first!
I'm sure when he's ready to look for a job in his field, he will have no problem at all. Medical workers are in extremely high demand everywhere, so this is an ideal job climate for him.

P.S.: What Christmas presents did Kylie get? 🐶

wdwfan4ver

This likes candy canes:
s-l640.jpg

Mom has that Dumbo as home out during the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom