The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

That’s a lot of pages I have to catch up on. Hope everyone is fine. DS got accepted to our local university into their computer science program. Threw him a nice scholarship also. Same school as oldest. Youngest has had 3 straight weeks of cheer competitions that brought us to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, and other parts of PA. First free weekend in awhile. Not really free cause family is coming today and spending a few days. We are doing Italian for dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs, veggie balls, eggplant parm, butternut squash lasagna, (not sure if that’s Italian😁), and roasted broccoli.

Songbird76

View attachment 609292
This is not Aegean blue. This is Obsidian blue.

After waiting for it to be delivered, I had to walk away. 3-4 weeks for the right one to show up. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm so sorry!! We've been waiting for our new one since February. It's supposed to be here January 5th now, IF it doesn't get pushed back again. Hope yours doesn't take the full 3-4 weeks!

Songbird76

Gen
:hilarious:
Yes, all of the above…!!!!! :D🤣
But, seriously…
Years ago I read about a study where they determined that, along with lineage and genetics, access to food was a major factor in how tall people grow.
I know, kinda’ a “duh” thing.
But, many still attach it to lineage and genetics. I know a dude from HS who’s folks we’re pretty average height, and he topped out at 5’-9”. His two younger bros, however, are 6’-7” and 6’-8”. They were all born full-term. Explain that… :cyclops:
Myself and my two younger bros are all 5’-10”, and my twelve-year-younger lil’ sis is 5’-5”.
We had access to plenty of food, so the lineage and genetics part is probably why we didn’t get to 6’-8”…!!!!! :hilarious:
Genetics are definitely a big part though. My mom grew up during WWII with rationing and food shortages, and she was 5'10". And we were poor growing up. We could have gotten government assisstance, and I guess we did in a way because we got free school lunches, but my brother is 6'4". So despite the limited access to food, they are both really tall. And my daughter is the same height as me, though we have plenty of food here. She's 15, so she's done growing. I have no idea why I didn't get the height everyone else did in my family.

Songbird76

Carolyn and I just did home Covid tests. Negative, FWIW.
Matthew will do his tomorrow after work.
None of us were havin’ any symptoms, but, Megan wanted us to test before we go over to see them tomorrow evenin’.
Better to be safe than sorry. I don't think we'll bother, since my FIL and BIL just got over it, and if my MIL didn't catch it then, I doubt she'd catch it in the few hours we're there if any of us have it and just have no symptoms. None of us have been exposed that we know of, none of us have any symptoms, so there's no reason for us to worry about it. They can't give it to us anymore, and they shouldn't be able to get it from us even if we did have it. My BIL won't be there anyway, since the mandate only allows 4 visitors per day. He's going today, we're going tomorrow.

Songbird76

Well, there goes Christmas at Family Central (my folks place) this year…
Lil’ sis and her fam had Christmas at her hubby’s bros house night before last. They drove up from Louisiana yesterday to celebrate Christmas with us all, and spent the night at my folks house. Her hubby’s bro called this morning saying he tested positive for Covid.
This sucks, on top of sucks, with extra suck sauce…!!!!! *%#}+=*@$ :banghead::banghead::banghead::bored::bored::bored:
Oh no!!! That's absolutely....there are no words! Hopefully everyone ends up negative. But what happens now? Do they have to stay put until the incubation period is over? Or do they just go right home?

Songbird76

Merry Christmas Santa GIF by CBeebies HQ

I hope everyone has a lovely celebration, whether they get to be with family or not. For those of you who'd rather not partake in Figgy's fishy offerings, I have some Peanutbutter Blossoms, Peppermint bark, Oreo Truffles, White Chocolate-covered pretzels, and Fudge.

265895393_267221305322720_1230391021626605690_n.jpg263879340_598863081177128_2555105250040526298_n.jpg266403487_4603859033044450_4955134544268941070_n.jpg265586279_2722870541338760_1837159017517813460_n.jpg266728890_632813497863145_8648772846283016404_n.jpg266882299_658267865307515_4220921428080945949_n.jpg

E and I were busy. I even did my nails for the occassion!
269719434_331161348845739_6787533780409485432_n.jpg

@MinnieM123 , don't forget to thaw the rolls! Or were those for yesterday?

Songbird76

Anyone else have idiot neighbors doing fireworks tonight? Freaked the dog out at midnight, she woke me up, and here I am.
People have been doing fireworks here for weeks. They are supposed to be banned this year, or at least most of them. You can have sparklers and fountains, but not the big stuff. E said she saw a thing on the news about these people who organized a drop off so people could come and bring in their illegal fireworks without getting in trouble for having them, and they waited at the drop off point all day and not a single person came to turn anything in. People go across the border to Germany where it's legal and buy really expensive ones to light for New Years. I guess no one is going to go to the trouble and expense to get them back over the border only to hand them over to authorities.

Songbird76

That’s a lot of pages I have to catch up on. Hope everyone is fine. DS got accepted to our local university into their computer science program. Threw him a nice scholarship also. Same school as oldest. Youngest has had 3 straight weeks of cheer competitions that brought us to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, and other parts of PA. First free weekend in awhile. Not really free cause family is coming today and spending a few days. We are doing Italian for dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs, veggie balls, eggplant parm, butternut squash lasagna, (not sure if that’s Italian😁), and roasted broccoli.
Congratulations to your son!! Will he stay at home then, too, or do they have dorms that he'll live in? What is your oldest studying again? I was thinking something Science-based, but I don't remember now. How did the cheer competitions go?

donaldtoo

Oh no!!! That's absolutely....there are no words! Hopefully everyone ends up negative. But what happens now? Do they have to stay put until the incubation period is over? Or do they just go right home?

Not sure exactly how they’re all going to handle it, as we’re not directly involved. According to what I understand, it seems like they should all stay hunkered down at my folks house and then test in about 4-ish days, asymptotic or not. So far, none of them have any symptoms, that I know of, but, all were definitely exposed.
All are also fully vaccinated and/or boosted, including all but one of the younger grandchildren.

donaldtoo

I keep hearing stories like this. 😕 Including us. Cousin Tif turned up positive for Omicron. She’s sleeping a lot. Said it came on so fast, in one day went from head congestion to chest.

Hope she gets well, soon…!!!
Yea, the Omicron is supposed to be many times more transmissible than the others before it, but, also, so far anyway, not as severe.
And, I’m not sure which version my BIL’s bro has, or, at this point, what symptoms he is experiencing, or not.
Its only been a coupla’ days, so time will tell, I guess.

donaldtoo

Nope, but we sometimes have our mexican redneck equivalent that loves to shot their shotguns/pistols to the sky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom