The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Yup. Somehow.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Goofyernmost

Mine matches the first 1% of contributions at 100%, then the 2-10% contributions they match at 50%. Any more there is no match.
Yea, I know that businesses vary with their perks. Some do not match anything, some match penny for penny. It is a very big part of what they use to entice people for staffing. Some feel that just because they offer to do the withholding and send the money to the investment firm that is enough. It isn't! The big thing in years past was a health insurance coverage at the companies expense. They have since used the higher cost of health insurance as a reason to not do it. Truth be known, they have to pay higher wages to cover the enormous costs that their employees have to pay now out of after tax money.

Songbird76

@StarWarsGirl , if you answered, I must have missed it, sorry. Have you read the Outlander graphic novel? It's called The Exile, and it apparently covers the first 3rd of the material, but from Murtagh's point of view....so all the stuff Claire DIDN'T get to see. I kind of want to get it, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

wdwfan4ver

Almost no company has "pensions" anymore.
I know a company that has one, but took away $30,000 for each employee that didn't retire before December 1, 2018 despite having record profits and record stock prices at the time. The same company also does have a 401 K also. Plenty of employees retired due to not wanting to take a pension cut.

That same company took even more many from pensions later on. The CEO sold his stock a week after the announcement of getting a rid of $30,000 of each employees pension.

There is a lot more about that company I rather no discuss.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
@StarWarsGirl , if you answered, I must have missed it, sorry. Have you read the Outlander graphic novel? It's called The Exile, and it apparently covers the first 3rd of the material, but from Murtagh's point of view....so all the stuff Claire DIDN'T get to see. I kind of want to get it, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.
I forgot to answer because I am a total crazy woman at the moment, sorry.

I have not read it. I'm not much into graphic novels, not even Outlander.

Songbird76

I forgot to answer because I am a total crazy woman at the moment, sorry.

I have not read it. I'm not much into graphic novels, not even Outlander.
I've never read a graphic novel, but my assumption is it's kind of like a comic book but longer? I really have no idea. E has to read 4 graphic novels for her English class, and she's really into anime and such anyway, so she's cool with it. I went ahead and ordered all the extra Outlander content last night; the graphic novel, the Lord John books, and the story/novella compilations. I figure I love the main series, why wouldn't I like the extra content, right? And there are some backstory things that I really want to read. Happy birthday to me, I guess.

Songbird76

I did get her to watch a good one. The one where everyone finds out. Which is my personal favorite episode. 😂
I mean....is there really a BAD episode?? We've watched the whole series multiple times. I have the whole series on DVD, though we always watch on Netflix because it's handy, but Big Bang Theory and Friends are both going off Netflix at the end of December. I'm trying to get through BBT before it leaves. I'm almost through season 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom