The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I have heard that too. I haven’t gone 5 g yet. DD has and sometimes she has bad cell coverage. Don’t know if that’s the reason but maybe??
5g shouldn't have anything to do with coverage. When 5G fails, it should automatically go back to 4G.
Perhaps not many antennas nearby or some strong concrete buildings blocking the signals.

StarWarsGirl

I do. I have had it forever. No problems with cell coverage where we go. The only downside I have is the price. It’s higher than say T-Mobile. DD changed to T-Mobile and got a plan with her hubby about 2 months ago. She was on the family plan with us. It was a lot cheaper on his plan. Mine is running around $91 for just me.
And...this is why I don't have an actual contract. The prepaid plan that I'm looking at is $50 a month to start out with but then will drop to $35 a month after 9 months ($40 after 3 months which is what I pay now). And then I'm on a financing plan with my phone, which is $23 a month. It's still cheaper than being on a contract.

FutureCEO

Anyone here have Veriozon Wireless? I'm thinking of dumping AT&T after about a decade with them in favor of Verizon prepaid.

Verizon prepaid has 5g coverage on their prepaid plans. AT&T only has it for the higher tier plans.

It's $10 more for the first month. Then after the first month, it's $5 more. Then after three months, it's the same as what I'm paying. After 9 months, it's $5 less per month than what I'm paying for the same amount of data.

I bought my phone unlocked, so I can keep it and my number.

I'm kind of missing what the downside would be here.

Metro PCS (T Mobile). I think I have 10GB for $40 which includes tax. My phone is not sold in the US so it can only run on a couple networks (not that there is a lot).

wdwfan4ver

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't stick to the ground. I think my parents blow up snowman is your type of a snowman though.
s-l1000.jpg

Cesar R M

I'm having a weird bug with my new phone that has not happened to me in any of my prior samsung phones.
Randomly when I'm watching Netflix.. the series or movie will cut around the 5-10 minute mark and return to the main Netflix screen like I had clicked on "go back".
I have gestures off but.. its consistent.

*edit*
Seems I'm not the only one... https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5...ger-typing-issue/m-p/13533433/thread-id/14574

Also why the hell every single recommendation from clearly bots of Samsung is "try soft reset".

SteveBrickNJ

When thinking about REGULAR T-Mobile...NOT Metro PCS....not the Sprint related stuff T Mobile bought....but simply regular T Mobile ...they've done a great job with us for 15 years. They keep growing as a company because other people like them too.
Sorry anyone on here had a bad experience. I'm just letting you know that our household is very satisfied with T Mobile.

StarWarsGirl

When thinking about REGULAR T-Mobile...NOT Metro PCS....not the Sprint related stuff T Mobile bought....but simply regular T Mobile ...they've done a great job with us for 15 years. They keep growing as a company because other people like them too.
Sorry anyone on here had a bad experience. I'm just letting you know that our household is very satisfied with T Mobile.
I work in the industry...for that reason, I will never go to T-Mobile.

My aunt also had a horrible experience with them.

SteveBrickNJ

I work in the industry...for that reason, I will never go to T-Mobile.

My aunt also had a horrible experience with them.

I'm sorry you and your aunt were not as fortunate as us. I found this independent J D Power ranking. It is based on a 1,000 point scale. T Mobile's Overall Customer Satisfaction Score is 832.....Verizon came close @ 805....A T & T received a score of 793.20211130_203837.jpg

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Yah, age is a relative (no pun intended) thing. I remember back in grammar school, a nun was talking about St. Bernadette, who was around 14 at the time. The nun referred to her as a little girl, and all I could think of was that 14 wasn't little--she was OLD! (I was about 7 at the time . . .). :hilarious:

Indeed…!!!!! :hilarious:
I remember having a friend back in the 3rd (or 2nd, maybe? 🤔) grade that had an older brother that was in the 6th grade, and thinking how old that was, and imagining how hard the 6th grade must be…!!!!! :hilarious:

As an aside, I made the Principal’s List every semester in Junior High (7th-8th grade in No Cal). The first time I made it, I came home and told my folks, and they thought I was in trouble…!!!!! :hilarious:
But, hey, they were both raised on very rural farms, and knew of no such thing in school when growing up. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Indeed…!!!!! :hilarious:
I remember having a friend back in the 3rd (or 2nd, maybe? 🤔) grade that had an older brother that was in the 6th grade, and thinking how old that was, and imagining how hard the 6th grade must be…!!!!! :hilarious:

As an aside, I made the Principal’s List every semester in Junior High (7th-8th grade in No Cal). The first time I made it, I came home and told my folks, and they thought I was in trouble…!!!!! :hilarious:
But, hey, they were both raised on very rural farms, and knew of no such thing in school when growing up. :)
I had tiger parents down to the violin lessons:cautious:

StarWarsGirl

I'm sorry you and your aunt were not as fortunate as us. I found this independent J D Power ranking. It is based on a 1,000 point scale. T Mobile's Overall Customer Satisfaction Score is 832.....Verizon came close @ 805....A T & T received a score of 793.View attachment 604185
I haven't actually had T-Mobile. My experience is based on the fact that I work in the wireless industry. I can't say a lot other than that their reputation within our industry is absolutely terrible. The quality of their network is garbage. I thought they would improve when they acquired Sprint, but not really. I would never go to them as a customer.

The reason I'm considering going to Verizon is because I'm looking at moving, and the area where I'm moving my service isn't good. People with Verizon have no issue there.

I'm glad they work for you, though.

Cesar R M

I'm sorry you and your aunt were not as fortunate as us. I found this independent J D Power ranking. It is based on a 1,000 point scale. T Mobile's Overall Customer Satisfaction Score is 832.....Verizon came close @ 805....A T & T received a score of 793.View attachment 604185
Doesn't this has to do with the coverage?
If I remember correctly, Tmobile has the worst coverage. Therefore in the areas they have better coverage (big cities) they have better service. And very few people buy in rurals because no coverage?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I got from people I know from the USA.

StarWarsGirl

Doesn't this has to do with the coverage?
If I remember correctly, Tmobile has the worst coverage. Therefore in the areas they have better coverage (big cities) they have better service. And very few people buy in rurals because no coverage?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I got from people I know from the USA.
This is true.

This is an FCC map showing LTE coverage.

This is T-Mobile. This isn't a "rural" area, but we're not right next to Baltimore or DC. There's a lot of gapping, and the further east you get the worst it gets.
Screenshot_20211130-232730_Chrome.jpg

This is AT&T. Better with some gaps.
Screenshot_20211130-232749_Chrome.jpg
And this is Verizon.
Screenshot_20211130-232813_Chrome.jpg

And that is why I'm looking at switching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom