The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Boss Idiocy of the day part deux:

Apparently during one of our largest website migrations for a customer, which was FULL of mistakes from every side. (including developer mistakes and manager oversight). The client recorded a whooping 200 issues in migrated pages, to which half were on our side.

And the boss is blaming on the migration team (which I am only me and a girl ) and how is "unacceptable".
Yet he seems to ignore (of course, this moron isn't even checking his own company) that the originating website was full of custom stuff that could not be imported by hand.
And the custom modules (to show specific stuff). Were being developed "on the go". With no prior planning.
This is probably one of the most dumb ways of work I've ever seen. Because 1) We have limited time to provide 2) We have a ton of other tasks 3) We have to redo pages because programmers finally did the modules that should have been ready from the start.
There was also a consistent issue in MULTIPLE MIGRATIONS (so has happened consistently on the past ) Where 1 leader says that X font size needs to be used, leader 2 says that the X font needs to be changed because the client does not want it anymore. Designers tries to compromise, and then WE have to fix all that crap and redo many times because of conflicting orders.

And all this because the same boss got greedy on capitalising on offering "cheap website migrations".

I'm fumming today.. and right when I'm about to go to vacations.
Also, did you guys know he's trying to pile me additional work.. 3 days before I leave? just because he magically found NOW that I'm leaving? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Note that I had announced my travel days since 1 and half months ago.. repeating them every 20 days and thrice in the past 2 weeks.
Your boss is a nightmare. Just do what work you can prior to your vacation, and then -- don't even think about it on vacation. Detach, relax, and enjoy your hard-earned time off from the job.

93boomer

Premium Member
Your boss is a nightmare. Just do what work you can prior to your vacation, and then -- don't even think about it on vacation. Detach, relax, and enjoy your hard-earned time off from the job.
@Cesar R M What she said!! You need to escape from work on vacation. It will be there when you get back. No need to become a workaholic for terrible bosses.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Boss Idiocy of the day part deux:

Apparently during one of our largest website migrations for a customer, which was FULL of mistakes from every side. (including developer mistakes and manager oversight). The client recorded a whooping 200 issues in migrated pages, to which half were on our side.

And the boss is blaming on the migration team (which I am only me and a girl ) and how is "unacceptable".
Yet he seems to ignore (of course, this moron isn't even checking his own company) that the originating website was full of custom stuff that could not be imported by hand.
And the custom modules (to show specific stuff). Were being developed "on the go". With no prior planning.
This is probably one of the most dumb ways of work I've ever seen. Because 1) We have limited time to provide 2) We have a ton of other tasks 3) We have to redo pages because programmers finally did the modules that should have been ready from the start.
There was also a consistent issue in MULTIPLE MIGRATIONS (so has happened consistently on the past ) Where 1 leader says that X font size needs to be used, leader 2 says that the X font needs to be changed because the client does not want it anymore. Designers tries to compromise, and then WE have to fix all that crap and redo many times because of conflicting orders.

And all this because the same boss got greedy on capitalising on offering "cheap website migrations".

I'm fumming today.. and right when I'm about to go to vacations.
Also, did you guys know he's trying to pile me additional work.. 3 days before I leave? just because he magically found NOW that I'm leaving? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Note that I had announced my travel days since 1 and half months ago.. repeating them every 20 days and thrice in the past 2 weeks.

@Cesar R M What she said!! You need to escape from work on vacation. It will be there when you get back. No need to become a workaholic for terrible bosses.
What they said and sending jumbo frying pan:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I watched an interview today (on GMA-3), with one of the major stars in Broadway's Alladin. He was so excited that the show is back on, and with a live audience.

One observation he mentioned, was that when he and the cast returned to the theater recently for rehearsals, he said it was surreal back stage. He shared that they had been away for (18 months?), and when they returned, he said everything was the same as it was prior to their departure -- the tables where the stage makeup was kept, looked like nothing had been touched. Makeup brushes in the exact same locations as the day they left in 2020, etc. (Reminds me a little of a Twilight Zone type of episode.) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom