The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

The concerts discussion here reminded me of some of the ones I've seen at previous Flower and Garden Festivals in EPCOT. Some of the oldies "Flower Power" concerts (now renamed to Garden Rocks concerts), I saw included: Davy Jones, The Turtles, B. J. Thomas, Jose Feliciano, and The Animals.
I saw Davy Jones one year at Epcot performing before he passed away from a heart attack the year after and even saw him in his rental car driving with his family near Disney. He looked great , still had his bushy dark hair and smiling.

Songbird76

Just ran across a Cornhole tournament on CBS…never even had a clue this was a thing that would be televised…and, the winner in the ladies group just won $20,000…guys are up next. :cyclops:
I always used to laugh went Brent Musburger used to say “Tune in to CBS!”, ‘cause the way he said it sounded to me like “Tune in to see BS!”…!!!!! :hilarious:
Is this just a US thing?? I have never heard of a Cornhole tournament. I feel like people in the US are sometimes way too easily entertained, but then, I'm not a sports watcher at all. I'll watch some Gymnastics, but really sports are kind of lost on me. Things like...Formula 1...what is interesting about watching cars drive? Or darts? Sports are just not my thing, I guess.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I saw Davy Jones one year at Epcot performing before he passed away from a heart attack the year after and even saw him in his rental car driving with his family near Disney. He looked great , still had his bushy dark hair and smiling.
So sad that he passed away so suddenly. My memory of him on stage was that the was very entertaining, and then at one point, he ran through a few rows in the audience (place was packed, by the way), and was shaking hands with random people.

Guess who was one of the random peeps he chose, to shake hands with?! :inlove:

Lilofan

So sad that he passed away so suddenly. My memory of him on stage was that the was very entertaining, and then at one point, he ran through a few rows in the audience (place was packed, by the way), and was shaking hands with random people.

Guess who was one of the random peeps he chose, to shake hands with?! :inlove:
I recall reading Epcot Flower and Garden festival schedule every year and Davy Jones and his band performed every year for about 10 years. If no one ever heard of him, one maybe remembers him from the famous Brady Bunch episode that Marcia was obsessed with and Davy Jones sang the song Girl. Davy Jones performed that song " Girl" at Epcot and went to the audience to dance and hug the ladies ! " Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"! Davy Jones lived in the Stuart FL area.

Last edited:

Songbird76

My friend's roommate died yesterday morning. Obviously they knew it was coming, but he just lost his 2nd son a month ago, and his older son a year ago. This poor guy has been through the ringer. Prayers and pixie dust for him, please.

And my bestie's daughter is getting married today! I wish I could be there!

FutureCEO

The concerts discussion here reminded me of some of the ones I've seen at previous Flower and Garden Festivals in EPCOT. Some of the oldies "Flower Power" concerts (now renamed to Garden Rocks concerts), I saw included: Davy Jones, The Turtles, B. J. Thomas, Jose Feliciano, and The Animals.

The best is Peter Noone.

Sigh: Music was so much better back in the day.

Goofyernmost

I recall reading Epcot Flower and Garden festival schedule every year and Davy Jones and his band performed every year for about 10 years. If no one ever heard of him, one maybe remembers him from the famous Brady Bunch episode that Marcia was obsessed with and Davy Jones sang the song Girl. Davy Jones performed that song " Girl" at Epcot and went to the audience to dance and hug the ladies ! " Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"! Davy Jones lived in the Stuart FL area.
Or maybe even the Monkeys!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

At work the other day we were talking about classic tv shows the other at lunch and the Monkeys popped up and one guy talked about how obsessed his sister had been of Davy Jones and I immediately thought about the Brady Bunch! HAh!

donaldtoo

Is this just a US thing?? I have never heard of a Cornhole tournament. I feel like people in the US are sometimes way too easily entertained, but then, I'm not a sports watcher at all. I'll watch some Gymnastics, but really sports are kind of lost on me. Things like...Formula 1...what is interesting about watching cars drive? Or darts? Sports are just not my thing, I guess.

donaldtoo

As a follow-up…

6A0D21F5-50E2-4FFC-AAF9-02A455E71BEB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom