The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Well then, I'd like to give you recognition for all your good work!! :) Well done! Pat on the back and all that! You're a superstar! :joyfull:

(With regard to the people who worked on various TV shows, it was always expected that their names are shown at the end. Now, they do the names and titles; but like I said, they run the credits so darn fast and in negative 100 sized font -- so that no one can even read them anymore.) :( If nothing else, to me it's just a matter of principle, but that gets chucked out the window when the networks realize they can make more advertising money, by offering more ad time. :in pain:

You forgot to give ‘im ‘is participation trophy...!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)

MySmallWorldof4

Had some bad news yesterday my brother called and said my cousin was killed in a freak hot air ballon accident in VT. He was the same age as me and we grew up together. My cousin (Brian Boland) was considered one of the best hot air balloonist in the world he set world records and ballooned over the Alps and Andes. So sad -- he died doing what he loved --RIP cousin View attachment 572993
So sorry for the loss of your cousin.

MySmallWorldof4

Hope y’all’s pup is fine by now.
I had a corneal abrasion once that was a nightmare. Went to my GP, and his lame solution just made the situation worse. A slit or scratch heals faster, but, an abrasion exposes so many more nerve endings that it’s excruciating.
Finally went to an ophthalmologist my GP recommended, and she gave me a proper treatment. She filled my eye with an ointment, patched it really tight, and told me to go home and pretend I was blind for 2 days. I could watch TV, but was told not to read, where my eyes might move side to side, etc., so the cornea didn’t rub on my eyelid.
On the 3rd day, I took the patch off in the shower in the morning, and that eye was like looking through really frosted glass...nothin’ but light and shadows...panic city.
I got ahold of the doc ASAP, and she told me the ointment needed to clear out of the abrasion for a few days...!!!!! :facepalm:

:D:hilarious:

View attachment 574091

Crazy thing was, the same thing happened to me almost exactly a year later, after I rubbed that same eye one time, even though I was using lubricating eye drops... :cyclops:
At least I knew how to deal with it at that point.
Although, I still have occasional issues with that eye, it hasn’t been to that extent in over 20 years...I can feel it comin’ on and cut it off at the pass...!!! ;):)
He is doing better. Thanks!

Goofyernmost

Well then, I'd like to give you recognition for all your good work!! :) Well done! Pat on the back and all that! You're a superstar! :joyfull:

(With regard to the people who worked on various TV shows, it was always expected that their names are shown at the end. Now, they do the names and titles; but like I said, they run the credits so darn fast and in negative 100 sized font -- so that no one can even read them anymore.) :( If nothing else, to me it's just a matter of principle, but that gets chucked out the window when the networks realize they can make more advertising money, by offering more ad time. :in pain:
All they have to do is DVR them and pause at their names for however long they wish their ego to be pumped up. And the speed up would be useless when people just fast forward through the commercials.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have been picking okra for a while now. Just love okra /tomatoes and chicken over rice. Wife has canned a bunch of okra and tomatoes. Have one surviving Kale plant I'm surprised its still alive in this heat
Tomatoes have been coming into the farm market for a couple of weeks but it's going to be another week or 2 before they start coming in in an amount to start canning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom