The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

If you remember, DWifey is only 6 mons. younger than I am, and still had more severe reactions, especially with her second dose, to my no reactions for either dose. No clue what that actually indicates, but, is fact.
And, I’ll take whatever discounts I can get, and I’m so darn happy to be a Grandpa, as I know you are, as well, that I just can’t even see straight sometimes...!!!!!!! :joyfull:🤗😊
Don't know maybe there is a line in there between to old and not to old! It really boils down to some do and some don't. It's a fickle virus. I assume that she is better now though and doing well, and that is good.

Yes, it's exciting to be a Grandpa but as of right now there is one that is 9 years old now and the other three go from 18, 19 and 21. (their pictures are in my avatar) One sure thing I can tell you is they go from birth to that age in a little less then a heartbeat. It's like a rocket. Even the youngest was born after I move down here and it seems like yesterday. She plays golf with me with her mother, on odd weeks too. Not well, but she has a good time and for a 9 year old with no teaching, she does pretty good, she even occasionally beats me on a hole or two. Man does that make her happy.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Safe Travels.. lots of cops looking for speeders on I -95 , Carolinas, GA, , they hide behind the trees. One perk visiting the Welcome to FL welcome center is no longer - the free OJ.
The last four or so years it's been like that. I get the feeling they don't welcome outsiders anymore. I remember it back in 1962 when I was going with my parents and sister to Key West (We never made it to Key west.. another story but how would a person that lived 20 miles from the Canadian Border know it was that hot in Florida in July?) Anyway back to the original post, in 1962 we stopped at the Florida welcome station and had multiple cups of OJ. I was not, and am not now, a huge fan of OJ but that was the best OJ I ever had.

Flash Ahead 21 years to 1983 and my wife, myself and my 2 girls were on a road trip from Vermont to Florida and WDW therein, and all the way down, almost 1000 miles, I could taste that OJ and couldn't wait to get to Florida. When we got there I rushed in front of everyone and went to the counter and they only had GRAPEFRUIT Juice... I hate Grapefruit juice. I almost turned around and headed back to Vermont or sent a nasty letter to the Governor. Instead, I went ahead to WDW and had one of the best times of my life, but I have never forgotten or forgiven the lack of OJ.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

The last four or so years it's been like that. I get the feeling they don't welcome outsiders anymore. I remember it back in 1962 when I was going with my parents and sister to Key West (We never made it to Key west.. another story but how would a person that lived 20 miles from the Canadian Border know it was that hot in Florida in July?) Anyway back to the original post, in 1962 we stopped at the Florida welcome station and had multiple cups of OJ. I was not, and am not now, a huge fan of OJ but that was the best OJ I ever had.

Flash Ahead 21 years to 1983 and my wife, myself and my 2 girls were on a road trip from Vermont to Florida and WDW therein. and all the way down, almost 1000 miles I could taste that OJ and couldn't wait to get to Florida. When we got there I rushed in front of everyone and went to the counter and they only had GRAPEFRUIT Juice... I hate Grapefruit juice. I almost turned around and headed back to Vermont or sent a nasty letter to the Governor. Instead, I went ahead to WDW and had one of the best times of my life, but I have never forgotten the lack of OJ.
The OJ down there is SOOOO much better than the stuff we get up here.

Lilofan

The OJ down there is SOOOO much better than the stuff we get up here.
Knew someone that worked a year near Haines City, FL and lived with migrants in trailers next to the orange groves. He described it as very tough work , being paid by the bushel, and standing on ladders all day in the heat wearing long gloves ( because of thorny orange trees ). He could eat all the oranges he wanted.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Flash Ahead 21 years to 1983 and my wife, myself and my 2 girls were on a road trip from Vermont to Florida and WDW therein, and all the way down, almost 1000 miles, I could taste that OJ and couldn't wait to get to Florida. When we got there I rushed in front of everyone and went to the counter and they only had GRAPEFRUIT Juice... I hate Grapefruit juice.

Ha! I can't stand it either! :joyfull: Actually, I could never figure out why anyone would like it -- it's so sour. :jawdrop: I love orange juice though, especially when it's freshly squeezed. :hungry:

O.k. Completely unrelated -- if anyone likes the movie, Finding Dory, it's being shown on ABC tonight at 8:00 PM (Eastern). I heard that Disney will be showing one movie a week on Monday nights (maybe through the summer?).

93boomer

Premium Member
T minus 10.5 hours till I leave the house for one last practice and then hit the road. Some errands to run this morning. Plan on taking a nap after lunch. Have to double check the route and planned stops. Looking forward to seeing the “Welcome to Florida” sign.
FYI places in NC running out of gas and lines everywhere. People paniced because of the Colonial pipeline shut down due to ransom ware. Stupid people. So fill up whenever you can. Good luck!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha! I can't stand it either! :joyfull: Actually, I could never figure out why anyone would like it -- it's so sour. :jawdrop: I love orange juice though, especially when it's freshly squeezed. :hungry:

O.k. Completely unrelated -- if anyone likes the movie, Finding Dory, it's being shown on ABC tonight at 8:00 PM (Eastern). I heard that Disney will be showing one movie a week on Monday nights (maybe through the summer?).
We own a hard copy:inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
FYI places in NC running out of gas and lines everywhere. People paniced because of the Colonial pipeline shut down due to ransom ware. Stupid people. So fill up whenever you can. Good luck!
Last year it was toilet paper . . . 🤦‍♀️

Peeps need to stop panicking, and things will eventually work out.

(Or, if that's not possible, perhaps an interim solution?) :p

1620679887989.png

93boomer

Premium Member
@93boomer , just an fyi -- my bro who lives in NC drives one of those handy dandy electric vehicles. I remember he told me last year, that he rarely buys any gas at all these days. (I think it's some type of hybrid model, but he mostly always just charges it up and drives it that way.) :)
My husband needed gas in his company truck so he left work at 4:30 to find some. After 4 stations, he has found some but it is running so slow, he is still pumping it.🤦🏻‍♀️

wdwfan4ver

Wonder Woman Mom GIF

Happy morther's day to all types of moms!! I've been so lucky to have so many "moms" in my life in one form or another. They all deserve to get spoiled!
Mom couldn't wait before Mother's Day to get her first piece of pineapple upside down bundt cake. She has it now for multiple days.

Mom gets spoiled a lot outside of Mother's day. My dad as long I could remember surprised mom with stuff even when its not their anniversary, or Valentines Day. Dad's been this way even when he was dating my mom based on what I was told. What I am referring is stuff like dad surprised mom with a pie he baked and took it to where my mom lived at the time.

My mom was not able to go the Wisconsin State Fair in the year I was born. My dad's answer surprise my mom with cream puff at hospital. I was born when the fair was going on.

donaldtoo

Regarding your first Mother's Day photo -- my goodness, is Emy a mother already?! :p :hilarious:

Had a hunch yesterday that we'd be seeing a bunch of celebratory Mother's Day festivities (photos) with your extended family. What a happy scene, and so nice to see everyone back together after such a rough year of distancing.

Oh, it's 4:41 AM here, and I'm drooling over the food. Yes, I'd eat the leftovers, if you have any, for BREAKFAST! :joyfull:

:hilarious:
Thanks so very much, Minnie...!!! :)

Easter was really close to “normal”, but, yesterday was almost completely “normal”, and was such a joyous day...I’m just so proud of our family for doin’ what we needed to do, even though it was a rough year+, to stay safe and well so we could ALL be together again the way we were yesterday...!!! :inlove::happy:

I actually took some leftover brisket for lunch, but, ended up eatin’ most of it for breakfast...!!!!! :hilarious:
Pop can REALLY smoke the heck outta’ a brisket, and all (well, all the omnivores anyway ;)) were ravin’ about how good it was...!!!!! :hungry:

wdwfan4ver

I am no longer able to have grapefruit. One of the medications I take has a warning that you can not have grapefruit.

When I was growing up, I had grapefruit. The catch is the grapefruit was put in the oven with brown sugar.

donaldtoo

Don't know maybe there is a line in there between to old and not to old! It really boils down to some do and some don't. It's a fickle virus. I assume that she is better now though and doing well, and that is good. Yes, it's exciting to be a Grandpa but as of right now there is one that is 9 years old now and the other three go from 18, 19 and 21. (their pictures are in my avatar) One sure thing I can tell you is they go from birth to that age in a little less then a heartbeat. It's like a rocket. Even the youngest was born after I move down here and it seems like yesterday. She plays golf with me with her mother, on odd weeks too. Not well, but she has a good time and for a 9 year old with no teaching, she does pretty good, she even occasionally beats me on a hole or two. Man does that make her happy.

Yep, Carolyn is fine, and only had issues the next day after each dose.

And yea, don’t blink is what I always jokingly suggest to young parents...time flies like a shot, and it’s no different with grandchildren, so I’m still tryin’ not to blink...!!!!! ;)🤪
:hilarious:

Haven’t gotten to the golf stage yet, and don’t know if we ever will. It’s been many years since I’ve golfed, but, I always enjoyed it.
Emy does love her some nature and bein’ outdoors, though, but, remains to be seen how her lil’ sis will be...!!! :)

donaldtoo

I am no longer able to have grapefruit. One of the medications I take has a warning that you can not have grapefruit.

When I was growing up, I had grapefruit. The catch is the grapefruit was put in the oven with brown sugar.

I like grapefruit juice, but, I know your not supposed to drink it if you’re takin’ Xanax. For years, I didn’t know why, or really care, because I didn’t drink grapefruit juice all that often.
A few years ago I finally googled...grapefruit juice can intensify the affects of Xanax...hell, give me a jug of grapefruit juice with my Xanax...!!!!!!! :joyfull::cautious::cool::D:hilarious:;)

wdwfan4ver

I like grapefruit juice, but, I know your not supposed to drink it if you’re takin’ Xanax. For years, I didn’t know why, or really care, because I didn’t drink grapefruit juice all that often.
A few years ago I finally googled...grapefruit juice can intensify the affects of Xanax...hell, give me a jug of grapefruit juice with my Xanax...!!!!!!! :joyfull::cautious::cool::D:hilarious:;)
For me, I take lovastatin for my cholesterol. The bottle warns against grapefruit products including eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice. I take the warning seriously. I'm one of those people who likes eating fruit as a snack.

donaldtoo

For me, I take lovastatin for my cholesterol. The bottle warns against grapefruit products including eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice. I take the warning seriously. I'm one of those people who likes eating fruit as a snack.

I don’t ever remember hearing of that medication before, but, Google says combining it with grapefruit juice can cause your blood pressure to go too low. So yea, probably not a good idea to drink grapefruit juice along with that medication.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom