The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have O blood, and I read that, too, BUT less likely doesn't mean you can't get it. And if you get it, the O blood doesn't give you any sort of protection as to its severity. You don't get fewer symptoms, or less severe symptoms than other blood types.

They said on the news this morning that they got 80,000 doses of the Janssen vaccine (johnson and johnson) and they are expecting a ruling today by the European commission about whether it's safe or not. So they may or may not start using that tomorrow, but it's apparently earmarked for healthcare workers.

Yeah that’s what I tried to tell my dad in regards to the O blood thing, but he is stubborn and wanted to believe it gave protection.

93boomer

Premium Member
but they're sooooo good.
disgusted jack sparrow GIF

Songbird76

DD got her second Moderna yesterday. I just talked to her. She had a fever all night, aches and pains, her toes even hurt. She said it was like having the worst flu ever. She is pretty much wiped out. So, it apparently does hit the younger ages harder. She is 36. But, she is being a trooper and hanging in there. 👍🏻
I hope she feels better soon!

I just found out this afternoon that my neighbor got corona and passed a few months ago. I'm so sad. I could never understand a word he said, so I just always smiled and nodded. He spoke a dialect that even my husband had trouble understanding. Anyway, he was always so nice and he'd say hi and talk to anyone who walked past and he was always out gardening. I had noticed I hadn't seen him or his wife recently, but then so many people are staying home now because of corona. I just figured they were hunkered down. Apparently he passed and she's in a rehabilitation center, still recovering from corona. My Dutch is pretty good, but I do miss things once in a while, and I THINK my other neighbor said that the wife had not been able to go to his funeral....so sad. They are/were elderly, and had been together for such a long time...for her not to be able to go, and now to be without him in some care facility....it's so sad. I feel bad that I didn't know before. I was just talking to a neighbor who moved in more recently...they were moving in when all this corona stuff started, so I never got to welcome them to the neighborhood or anything. I was headed to the store today when she was walking past with her dog and we stood there for a while (more than 6 ft. apart) and we were talking about my being American and having to learn Dutch, and I mentioned that Herman was a really nice guy, but that I couldn't understand a word he said. I asked if she had met him, and she said yes, but that he passed a few months ago, Corona. :( How did I not know?

93boomer

Premium Member
I hope she feels better soon!

I just found out this afternoon that my neighbor got corona and passed a few months ago. I'm so sad. I could never understand a word he said, so I just always smiled and nodded. He spoke a dialect that even my husband had trouble understanding. Anyway, he was always so nice and he'd say hi and talk to anyone who walked past and he was always out gardening. I had noticed I hadn't seen him or his wife recently, but then so many people are staying home now because of corona. I just figured they were hunkered down. Apparently he passed and she's in a rehabilitation center, still recovering from corona. My Dutch is pretty good, but I do miss things once in a while, and I THINK my other neighbor said that the wife had not been able to go to his funeral....so sad. They are/were elderly, and had been together for such a long time...for her not to be able to go, and now to be without him in some care facility....it's so sad. I feel bad that I didn't know before. I was just talking to a neighbor who moved in more recently...they were moving in when all this corona stuff started, so I never got to welcome them to the neighborhood or anything. I was headed to the store today when she was walking past with her dog and we stood there for a while (more than 6 ft. apart) and we were talking about my being American and having to learn Dutch, and I mentioned that Herman was a really nice guy, but that I couldn't understand a word he said. I asked if she had met him, and she said yes, but that he passed a few months ago, Corona. :( How did I not know?
Ohh that's sad. That will be tough for her.

DD is doing better this afternoon. She said she turned the corner about an hour ago. Just tired from not sleeping well last night. Thanks for asking. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom