The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
^^^This. You are not guaranteed to get into the park if you have a ticket. If all the slots in one particular park are taken for that day, you won't be allowed into that park, even with a valid ticket. You would have to try a different park. And if all the passes are given for every park for that day, you won't get in. It's best to reserve in advance. I'm not sure whether or not you are allowed to switch the passes for a different park after you've reserved...anyone else know? Like...if you reserve for MK for a day but then decide you'd rather go to AK that day, can you switch them?

You need an actual ticket in order to get a pass, correct? So the ticket needs to be purchased first?
Yes and yes

Figgy1

Premium Member
Today is a cooking day. Roasted butternut squash soup, fancyish mac and cheese, veggie soup(mostly for me) and tuna casserole. I needed to warm the house up a bit and tomorrow looks like a movie day weather wise
Almost done, added leeks with bacon and tomato to the cooking list. I would have sprung for pancetta but the boys don't slow down long enough to tell the difference.:cautious: In total I cooked 5 pounds of pasta plus the "sauces", 14 quarts of soup, a full frying pan of leeks+ and chopped 2 days worth of salad. I'll get to watch some movies tomorrow and:inlove: and let down some hems:rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

Since I haven't been paying attention to all things Disney lately, are reservations still required to get into the parks? If so, will they be lifting that before May?
You can check the calendar for availability before you purchase tickets. So far the only park that occasionally books up in DHS.

donaldtoo

Yeah, I saw the name and it rang a bell and I was thinking, "Wasn't he a nazi?" so I looked him up. As you said....brilliant, but very troubled!

From what I’ve read of the man, he wasn’t a voluntary nazi, he was coerced into it. He was into rocketry years before the nazi party came about, and was totally about the exploration of space and space travel. His talents were so well-known at the time that he was commandeered by the nazi’s to weaponize rockets. Threats to family, and all.
Long story short, when the Americans and the Russians were closing in on Berlin at the end of the war, Wernher von Braun’s brother gave him his bicycle so he could ride to the Americans to be “captured” by them.
He was troubled in other ways, but, the years he spent in the U.S. space program were years he treasured, as he was finally able to pursue his original dreams.
He also brought other “captured” German scientists with him to the U.S., such as Willy Ley, Heinz Haber, etc.

I’ve posted this here before, but, it will give anyone who cares to take the time to watch it insight into his real dreams and goals...Walt liked and respected him, too...!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom