The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

According to my CPA friend, I should switch (now during open enrollment) to a business plan so I can deduct the premiums, rather than the family plan we are on now. When I have a minute (read: last minute on December 14) I'll look at the plans.

Yea, it’s a chunk a’ change that comes outta’ my paychecks for health insurance, and after I reconfirmed all my selections during open enrollment about 2 weeks ago, it will go up about another $156 a month. Dental and eye didn’t change, but, the medical went up by that much. It would be about half what it is if it were just DWifey and myself, but, 27-year-old DS will be on our family plan for the foreseeable future, and the price isn’t any different if you have only one dependent or 10. Not a problem, of course, as he wouldn’t be covered otherwise, and that could be devastating, but, darn, good health insurance ain’t cheap.
Tax deductible premiums sounds like a good way to go...good luck...!!! :)

Tony the Tigger

My turn, and hopefully this will be sort of nothing. It’s already something for someone, just not me yet.

My day off tomorrow, one guy just texted me and said his girlfriend’s dad had to get tested for work and tested positive. His gf and her mom both don’t feel well and are going to get rapid tests. He is trying to get a rapid test ASAP. He was supposed to work tomorrow.

I know you can get a rapid test without symptoms and show negative even if you are positive. I told him not to come in tomorrow, and suggested he stay away from them regardless of test results. He hasn’t been to their house in two days.

He last worked on Saturday. (I stayed home that day.) I last saw him at shift change on Thursday. He is OCD and very careful about this stuff. He cleans more than anyone else.

Hopefully he dodged a bullet, or the two people who worked after him on Saturday need to get tested, and we’ll be short handed (obviously worse for anyone who may get ill.)

It does feel different this time around. More people being less careful, etc.

donaldtoo

Think of it like when a ferret gets locked up in a cage. It's about the same. :p

(Lockdowns here are various local or municipal restrictions to limit the number of people, who may congregate at one time, and also there are other restrictions about limiting what businesses can remain fully open, during the pandemic.) Restrictions vary from state to state.
The laughing emoji is for the first part...great minds, and all...!!!!! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yea, we’re all a little on edge these days, for obvious reasons.
Sorry for my overreaction, as well.
I just needed to step away and cool down.
This carp is just gettin’ beyond old, and it looks likes its just gonna’ get worse again before it, hopefully, gets better, and then eradicated.
Plus, it doesn’t help that it’s the Holidays and we can’t have our usual family gatherings, etc.
I haven’t been able to hug Emmy, oldest DD, or mom and pop for goin’ on 10 months now. The office protocols continue, and some have gotten more stringent.
We had planned to take enough time off work to properly quarantine and test, so we could have Christmas inside Emmy, Megan, and Daniel’s home, but, with Megan expecting again, and the fact that Matthew can’t get off work long enough to properly quarantine and test, that’s now a bust. It was Megan’s suggestion/idea, and we were really excited.
But, no pity party, as others have had it much worse, including the unimaginable pain of loosing family and friends. We all continue to remain healthy, and feel extremely thankful, grateful, and blessed for that.
Also, I hope the bad news wasn’t too terrible.
Prayers.
Mom tested negative, just allergies. Change to meds is helping

Figgy1

Premium Member
My turn, and hopefully this will be sort of nothing. It’s already something for someone, just not me yet.

My day off tomorrow, one guy just texted me and said his girlfriend’s dad had to get tested for work and tested positive. His gf and her mom both don’t feel well and are going to get rapid tests. He is trying to get a rapid test ASAP. He was supposed to work tomorrow.

I know you can get a rapid test without symptoms and show negative even if you are positive. I told him not to come in tomorrow, and suggested he stay away from them regardless of test results. He hasn’t been to their house in two days.

He last worked on Saturday. (I stayed home that day.) I last saw him at shift change on Thursday. He is OCD and very careful about this stuff. He cleans more than anyone else.

Hopefully he dodged a bullet, or the two people who worked after him on Saturday need to get tested, and we’ll be short handed (obviously worse for anyone who may get ill.)

Good luck to all of them and your family

donaldtoo

Sincerely hope it’s a false alarm, but, also so glad the guy is so very diligent about the protocols, and also so very honest to you, his employer, about his contacts.
Hope all turns out negative, in a positive way...sorry, I just can’t help bein’ corny-silly sometimes, even during this craziness...!!!!! :rolleyes::hilarious:;):)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yea, we’re all a little on edge these days, for obvious reasons.
Sorry for my overreaction, as well.
I just needed to step away and cool down.
This carp is just gettin’ beyond old, and it looks likes its just gonna’ get worse again before it, hopefully, gets better, and then eradicated.
Plus, it doesn’t help that it’s the Holidays and we can’t have our usual family gatherings, etc.
I haven’t been able to hug Emmy, oldest DD, or mom and pop for goin’ on 10 months now. The office protocols continue, and some have gotten more stringent.
We had planned to take enough time off work to properly quarantine and test, so we could have Christmas inside Emmy, Megan, and Daniel’s home, but, with Megan expecting again, and the fact that Matthew can’t get off work long enough to properly quarantine and test, that’s now a bust. It was Megan’s suggestion/idea, and we were really excited.
But, no pity party, as others have had it much worse, including the unimaginable pain of loosing family and friends. We all continue to remain healthy, and feel extremely thankful, grateful, and blessed for that.
Also, I hope the bad news wasn’t too terrible.
Prayers.

Congrats on the baby!!

FutureCEO

I had never even heard of Popeyes until a year or so ago. I've never had it. I LOVE KFC though...the closest one to us is in Arnhem, though, so we don't get it often. I'm so sad they don't have the sides here like they do in the US. You can only get corn on the cob, coleslaw, or fries. Their fries are AWFUL, I don't like coleslaw, so corn it is. For a while last year they had mashed potatoes and gravy, but they discontinued it after a month or two, so I can't get that anymore. I like the buffet ones in the US where they have mac n cheese, green beans, biscuits, etc...you can get whatever you want.

I have only eaten at CFA twice that I can remember...once in high school on a speech and debate trip, and then once in college when my brother and a friend of ours and I were judging a speech tournament and a blizzard hit and we were snowed in in Cheyenne. If I remember correctly that was the only place in the mall that was still open and would take a check or something? I remember we hadn't planned on staying overnight because it's only an hour from Laramie to Cheyenne, so we were just going to judge for the day, make some money, and then drive home, but while we were judging rounds, the storm hit and the road was closed. The tournament organizers gave us our paychecks, but it was a weekend and the banks were closed, so we couldn't cash the checks. That was the only money we had because we hadn't planned on staying there. And no one would cash a check for us, etc. I don't really remember the chicken at all....I only remember they didn't have regular fries, only waffle fries, which are nasty. I have never been a fan of waffle fries. ..they always taste burnt to me. I remember one of those two times, the kids meal came with a little golden book. That is the extent of my memory of CFA.

I'm reading the thread backwards. Why. I have no idea. Anyway, what is CFA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom